Friday, December 14, 2012

We shall Call her LILITH!

Don't get the reference? let me preface it with this: 
 Lilith (Hebrewליליתlilit, or lilith) is a Hebrew name for a figure in Jewish mythology, developed earliest in the Babylonian Talmud, who is generally thought to be in part derived from a class of female demons.  

Now HOW can I say that about this sweet- innocent little pup?

Well, because sometimes, luckily ONLY sometimes, she becomes INSANE and nocturnal.  Possessed by demons I tell you!  There is nothing we can do to get her chill out.  Sunday night was one of those nights.  I was already over-tired from lack of sleep. All I wanted to do was get a good 7 hours of sleep.  I was so tired.  She always sleeps in her little dog bed, next to Honey's,  next to my side of the bed.  We have to keep the bedroom door shut or she becomes obsessed with ANY noise she hears all night and will bark and not sleep.  Usually, if she is in our room with the door shut, she sleeps just fine....
Well, Sunday night she MUST have heard something. She was INSANE.  Literally, would not stop crying and BODY slamming the bedroom door with her FULL MIGHT.  Wouldn't stop.  No amount of scolding, redirecting, holding in bed even would even distract her.   By 2am I could take it no longer.  I usually try to out will the dog, so she will learn that her crazy behavior will NOT get us to open the door (Yes, she has done this before).  This night I had to get up at 5am, and while Todd seemed to somehow to be able to sleep (as in he was snoring), I knew it wasn't good sleep because she kept waking him up.  So, I gave in.  I grabbed my blanket and pillow and went to the living room with her.  I expected her to run frantically and bark like she had been doing.  Nope she ran around the room once or twice, sniffed and hopped up on me and passed out....  Apparently, she was satisfied that we were good!  (Yes.  I did let her check out the living room earlier and took her back to the bedroom.  Didn't slow her down!)

Oh dog.  Oh Lily.  Momma needs some sleep.  
 Look at that guilty looking face in the morning.
If she wasn't so incredibly sweet and cute, I swear!

Oh, one other strange thing.  The dogs often sleep next to each other cuddled up.  Never in the 4 years that we have had Lily has there been an issue.  Well, a week or so ago, in my dead to the world middle of the night sleep state.  I was jolted awake with the sound of CRAZY furr balls fighting and screaming in dog like tones.  I couldn't even see what was going on, but it was ON!  I just reached down and grabbed a little whirring, growling mass of furr. No clue to which one, which side or part.  Just needed to separate them.  I then grabbed the other very upset little one.  I put them on either side of me and calmed them both down.  They were both shaking.  What the heck happened? I can only imagine.  My best guess, someone had a bad dream.  Someone else accidentally kicked the one having the bad dream and it was ugly.   After some love and soothing they went back to sleep and were fine, but it was so strange and a bit scary.  

No comments:

html/java