Sunday, December 9, 2012

Logan takes the SAT in Hong Kong

Somehow, in moving out here, and adjusting to life we neglected to have Logan take the S.A.T.  
We really hadn't a clue how the S.A.T. would work out here or even how to sign up, being that it is an American test.  Logan's adviser at school kept telling him to sign up.  He kept forgetting to give us the info.  The last date he could take it and apply for college on TIME for next fall was December 1st.  App deadline was November 1st...   November 1st, after much reminding, Logan gives me most of the info, but we will still missing the school code.  Oh my.  It didn't seem to matter either, as there was not ONE spot left available to test.  November 2nd came, Logan now had the code.  We started thinking about other options of sending him to Taiwan to take it or something.   It was frustrating.  Well on November 4th I had a feeling I should check back on the SAT website, just one more time (even though it was past the deadline to register and the classes had been full).  A spot appeared for a test, and the deadline had been changed to Nov 6th for that one spot!  I quickly signed Logan up for it, thinking this can't be real....  Clearly, the spot was MEANT for Logan to have though.  How do I know this for sure?  Well, most of the testing locations are downtown (we live far from the downtown areas), this test was a five minute walk from our flat!  Actually, along the path we walk the dogs each morning.  


The testing location was a Christian Secondary school.
Logan appeared to be the only 'non-local' tester...




He had to be at the location by 7:45am, so the pups and I walked him down there, while the rest of the family slept.  One other thing I wasn't aware of if that you need to bring a number 2 pencil (non-mechanical) to the test.  Well, I have NO clue where to find one out here.  It was funny Logan asked a kid waiting to go in if he had an extra number 2 pencil.  The kid very graciously handed him 3.  Unfortunately, they were drawing pencils.  2B drawing pencils.  Not quite the same.  I feel better that I wasn't the only parent not able to find them.  Logan said almost all the kids had the drawing pencils, lol!  No worries or Mo Men Tai as they say out here, the test administrator had REAL number 2 pencils.  

In other news:
 Not only can Indy scratch her own head/neck,
she can turn it around and look at you!

Indy is an equal opportunity bird.  The other day as I was sitting on the sofa, the Lily-pup jumped up to cuddle with me on my left side.  Indy was sitting with Daddy on the other sofa.  She looked over, saw this and ran across the sofas and cuddled on my right.
Doesn't get much cuter than that, really!

One more random, weird-arse popular food out here.
Every time I go to get my eggs in the grocery store - these babies are right above my eggs.
It just makes me think, Why????
Seriously, click on the picture, you can see a little what the outside of the egg looks like.  Weird.

Ok. Ok.  enough for now!  

No comments:

html/java