Thursday, December 6, 2012

The Case of the Missing Squidling....

These are the squidlings (for those who have not been introduced).
The Green guy on the left is Gleam, the orange gal is Sporange.
Kayla's boyfriend made them for her for Valentine's day.
She loves them, and they go everywhere with her!

One morning this past week, while I was riding home on the bus from a nice breakfast date with my Love, I got a text.  It was a rather worried, urgent message...  Actually, Here, I will let you experience the morning first hand.  It was a bit scary for a bit.  



-----
The morning culminated with a very sad Kayla and Green bean (as I call Gleam) coming over.  Little Ori (Sporange) was NO Where to be found.  We headed back to her flat.  I was pretty sure she HAD to be there!  I turned Kayla's room upside down.  No little squid hiding anywhere.  It didn't make sense.  Then it occurred to me, the washing machine was running in the other room.  I walked over to the machine, looked in, sure enough there was a happy little squid playing in the suds!  Oh my!   I had been telling the squids they were getting a bit stinky and needed a bath, but apparently Ori took matters into her own tentacles.  

She cleans up very nice, if I do say so!


The moral of the story, you need to watch your squidlings around water!

No comments:

html/java