Thursday, August 23, 2012

Mainlanders and toileting....


I have to be honest....

The first time I encountered a squat toilet,
I had NEVER even heard of them before,
and was thrust into 
(I drank too much water, must pee now)
using one, without warning...
I was in total culture shock.
I mean...
I am only so coordinated....
Where is the instruction manual??!
No worries, I worked it out. 
I am sure you are happy to know....

I feel like a wimp admitting that,
but it is true...

Ok, I had NO idea that the squat toilet was 'high end' toileting.

We get a LOT of Mainland China people visiting.
They LOVE to shop here!!!
Well, culture there is much more shocking than here,
I have learned....

We will be sitting INSIDE our high-end,
NICE, touristy MALL,
and ...
Look over and a Chinese Mom, 
will whip out her sons 'private'
Hold ON TO IT,
Aim it in a cup/Bottle/ trash can...
Whatever is around,
and the kid will just start PEEING!

If they are outside they just aim for the side of the road,
a gutter, or trash can.
NO JOKE.
Easy way to spot a Mainlander!
Now, I know what your are thinking...
That kid has GREAT AIM, right? Just kidding.
GROSS...
How about, the lucky person that empties the trash?
Sick... 
Just NOT OK...

What I didn't know is in China it is actually even more fun.
Kids are trained to pee and POO any and everywhere freely.
They even have special pants developed,
so kids can just squat and go.
(click on link to read more if you want)
No diapers needed.
They say it is environmentally friendly!
That is true, I guess...,
unless of course, you are the unfortunate person 
who STEPS in it!
Dear GOSH,
 we can't even let our pups go wherever they want.
Split pants, wow....
Oh man, CRACK kills buddy!

That was the fun Asia experience for today!
Til next time....

2 comments:

bubdaddio said...

I gotta git me sum of those split pants! How convenient. :) Gotta go? Just stop and squat!!! BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA....

OakFeathers said...

OMG I would have flipped out too. Tom said it was similar when he was in Japan after Vietnam. They have ditches to go in. Up until this info I was thinking I would like to go to Macau to visit...maybe just San Francisco will do.

html/java