Thursday, August 9, 2012

2 Months

Today marks the 2 month mark
2 months since we moved to Hong Kong.

How do we feel about Hong Kong
2 months in?

We Love It!

We still LOVE Hong Kong!!!

Even though, the heat, 
well more like the humidity is a bit intense!

Here are some pics form this last weekish

I think it is sooo funny.
Whenever the birds are eating anything,
Lily is sitting directly under them, hoping for fallout.

One thing I was SEVERELY missing in the last 2 months.
is ROOT BEER!!!

I don't normally ever like soda,
but..
When you throw a scoop of ice cream in it!
YUMMMYYY!!!

They do not even KNOW what root beer is out here, shutter!

I was sooo excited when I found A&W at the 
'American Store' downtown!

Oh, root beer float, how I love you.....
and so you know, 
They do have floats out here.
Coke.
Pineapple.
Orange.
Green Tea Flavor
etc.
But NO Root beer, 
it is like they were taunting me...

MSG....
Why are you so like a double Agent???
WHY?
It is as if you are on a secret mission.
You are hard to detect, at first, until your mission is accomplished.
Whether your mission is to 'help' food taste 'magical' (according to some)
or
whether your mission is to try and take me out!
You have many disguises to aid in your mission.
Are you chicken powder, flavor enhancer, special seasoning?
Doesn't matter what name you go by,
the result is the same....

MAKES ME ILL!
Immediately.

Below are pics of one of the food places 
that LOVE to use MSG.
They have it in a super-sized salt shaker and just shake it all over the food.
YUMMY, NOT!
Before I couldn't eat there,
but Todd has figured out how to order my food without anything on it!
YAY!! So good.  So fun!  SOO HAPPY!

I like the Salmon combo.
Rice, salmon, corn.

The meat/fish/chicken comes uncooked
on a VERY HOT metal plate.
You move the food around and it cooks within seconds.
Super amazing
and super cheap I might add, only about $5bucks US
 Todd prefers the beef. (:

You are sick of looking at pics of my pets?
Sorry, but really, HOW CUTE!

How about a multitasking Kay picture?
Beautiful girl.

Logan went on a Mommy/Daddy Dinner Downtown Date

Love the art exhibit in the walkways



Logan Loves Pizza
 Ok.  So does Daddy
 The street behind Lo, says Hollywood!
 and of course...
We had to get him a scoop of ice cream for dessert.
Ben and JERRY's Ice Cream, no less!

 A couple more pics of the art walk
On the weekends it is overflowing with Filipino workers relaxing.

 Awww, Logan loved the water dino


Yep, watch out below


I don't know why, but the signs on the bus
make Todd and me laugh!
('me' is correct, btw.  Try it.  
Take Todd out of the sentence.)

View from the bus...
So cute.
Looks like the cable cars are flying off to heaven



Our second home 
The walls of the metro 

 Waiting for the trains
Always clean, despite the millions of people that pass through

 Goofy, super tired, hot, metro pics

 It is weird to look outside and see the constant grey.
I feel crazy dressing for a warm day.
It looks so chilly.
Then I go outside and am reminded, 
why I dressed the way I did...

and because I can't stand how cute they are.
They share the smaller bed too! HA

Don't let this angelic face fool you.
She is always up to no good....
We were gone an hour.
Came home. 
She had some how opened the lid to the trash can, 
pulled trash all over the house 
( even put it on both sofas!).
The amount of mischief this little dog can get into is always amazing.

We have plans this weekend to go out an a 'Junk'.
Sounds kinda gross,
but it just a nick name for the type of boat!
Actually, looks quite cool.
A boat on the water, swimming in the bay!
Can't wait.  I will update soon.

No comments:

html/java