Thursday, August 9, 2012

Foreign Fruit: Hami Melon

Today's Foreign Fruit Experience:

Hami Melon
How can your resist buying this melon, with that epic sign!
Seriously, you can feel the guys enthusiasm!

 Krystin modelling the melon.

Hmn.  Now, what will it look like inside?
.
.
.
Kinda like a cantaloupe! 

Logan participated in the taste test today.

So, kids...
What does a Hami Melon taste Like?

Krystin: It tastes like a pumpkin smells.
Kayla:  It tastes like a cantaloupe with the flavor drained out.
Logan:  It tastes like a melon, cantaloupe, softer texture, without much flavor.

I tried this one, tasted good to me.  Cantaloupish.  I thought it was decent. 

But alas, I do not think it won the kids over. 
Sorry, Hami Melon...

2 comments:

bubdaddio said...

I'm sure they are sweeter. It might not have been fully ripe. I rarely buy cantelope from the grocerie store because they are never ripe and have no taste. I'd try again with one that seems riper. (more ripe) After all they are only $25 for 2!!!

TamaraLove said...

It was very ripe! Just a mild tasting melon. :p Stay tuned for the next adventure in Foreign fruit... coming soon.

html/java