Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Vegan anyone?


Ok.  I will be honest, 
I have issues with eating animals.
It BOTHERS me....

I usually try and just put my issues aside,
and try and go with the flow,
as my VERY carnivorous hubby prefers MEAT a lot.

Well, Hong Kong likes to really just push me passed my comfort zone.
In the U.S., we are protected and shielded 
from a lot of the ugliness that is animal consumption.

Here.
The more you see of the animal, 
the better the quality.

Sometimes it is  too much for me!

Well, I mostly just shop at the International Stores.
You know the ones that cater to the foreigners.

The other day, I was just going to pick up some ground beef for dinner.
Krystin was with me.
We are completely used to seeing Fish heads,
Chicken's feet, FULL Chicken's heads attached and all, 
and much more...

For some reason this was over the top for me.
An ENTIRE PIG LEG.
YUCK. No.  No.  
 Right next to that was a section of Pig Tails.
I couldn't even tell what it was at first...
No..  Just no....
Needless to say we had a Vegetarian night....

Krystin was funny though, as we were leaving she saw this: 
in the Halloween section, mind you...
And asked, "Mom, do you think they would find this appetizing too?"

Yes, she was joking, mostly! 

1 comment:

Cherylann and Mike said...

That is funny! With all the other meat in the cases, I would definitely lose my apetite and I like meat.

html/java