Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Ritter Sport (AKA Tamara's Addiction)

Chocolate

My nemesis...
My Love.
My addiction....
(Ok, one of my addictions; Todd being the other!)

I can say that I have always loved Chocolate,
as long as I can remember.

In fact, this notion was confirmed.
I read my Baby Book a couple years ago.
In it is said:  "2 mos old, baby LOVES chocolate ice cream"...
I still do.

I remember going to my Grama's house, as a small child.
On the coffee table would sit a bowl of M&Ms.
A bowl that I was welcome to partake of freely.
I remember partaking readily, 
and then rolling wildly on the floor from sugar/caffeine overload.

I dislike my adoration of chocolate.
Seriously, it is the only substance I have ever felt 
any sort of addiction towards.
I hate that I crave it, and that it makes me feel euphoric.
So...
I had this theory, once...
A theory that if I ate TONS of chocolate 
it would stop tasting good.
Maybe even become repulsive.

Nope.
Didn't work.
Not even a little.
Did make me feel ill though!

Don't get me wrong.
I do not eat hoards of chocolate.
I just nibble on little bits here and there.
A candy bar  lasts me days.
I savor the stuff.
(Unless, it is See's.  Then all bets are off.)

Well, all this is premise to this little post.
I am a tiny bit picky about my chocolate.
It has to be worthy!

A few years ago.
I stumbled across a new brand of chocolate.
One that I hadn't tried before.

It was Love at first bite!
Ritter Sport
A German Candy
All their flavors are pretty good,
but my favorite..
Dark Chocolate/Marzipan
MAGICAL!!!
Second favorite 
Dark or Milk chocolate Hazelnut 

For some reason,
Hong Kong does NOT carry my favorite.
They do have Ritter Sport everywhere,
but NO Marzipan.
It is like a tease every time I go to the store.
Here is a selection of 'almost' your favorite candy.
ARGHGHGHGHGH!!!!

Well, Todd understood my plight.
He promised when we went to Germany,
I would not return to HK with out a LOT of Marzipan candy!

What we didn't even know or think about was:
Yes.  We found the Mother Planet of Ritter Sport!!!

Honestly, I hadn't even thought to look for it.
We were just wandering the streets,
taking in the sights,
when we came across this little sign....

Little did we know what was beyond that doorway.
THREE stories of Ritter sport amazingness ...

I almost went into a sugar coma upon arrival.

Forget Disneyland!
Ritter Sport land! YAY









As if the store wasn't enough...
You can actually Custom MAKE your OWN Chocolate Bar.
Oh My Gosh.... 
The first time we stopped by we didn't have time to do it,
but Todd made sure to take me back the next day.
He said it was an imperative that I have that experience! YAY!

You pick three things you want in your candy.
They write down your order.. 
 If I had a non-stop chocolate fountain in my house,
I would be in big trouble!
 They gather the ingredients in a little plastic cup
Fill said cup with free-flowing yumminessss

 Carefully, scrape all of your creation into the neat little square

 Making sure to get all of it

 And appear to have fun while doing it!
Which of course makes chocolate yummier!

Then you wait for 30 mins while your chocolate sets!

Which is the perfect opportunity for your baby bear to do a photoshoot!
 Ritter Sport had their own 'Bearlin' Bear in the store.

 And to go up to the 3rd floor Cafe' for Ritter Sport snacks!
 We got milk-shakes YUMMMY

Todd and I loved the saying on the wall.
In case you can't read it:
"Strength is the ability to break a chocolate bar
into four pieces with your bare hands -
and then eat just ONE of the pieces."  Ha ha!

After getting our 'pre-sugar' it was time to get our own,
personally made candy bars!!!!
I should add that Todd has never been a Ritter Sport fan.
I don't even know if he has ever tried it, actually.
I was surprised when he made a candy bar with me.
I was so happy, truly!
Nothing like bonding over chocolate.
  
Final product!



Fresh, make it yourself chocolates...
Even BETTER than you can imagine. 
 I think Todd might have a new addiction, hee hee!

1 comment:

Barb said...

That looks like sooo much fun. And delicious, too. If Yara sees this post, we will b planning a trip to Germany. hahaha

html/java