Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Smelly shopping...

Each place has its own unique scent.

In California, by the beach, 
the smell of the salty Pacific made my heart skip a beat.
That smell was synonymous with home and good times.
I love the smell of the salty Ocean, makes me happy.
While I have heard from others it made them sick, so scent is subjective!

Out here, there are scents that 'smell' like home too.
Namely, the smell of Ramen.
That is the best description I can give,
but as we walk around in the breeze there will be the scent of Ramen cooking.
It is actually comforting, nice and yummy.

Unfortunately, like how the salty breeze from the Ocean,
repulses some people I know,
there are scents out here that I have a hard time with.
No. I am not talking about the smelliness that sometimes can come bubbling up in the air during very hot humid days in the downtown area. 
(While, I find them repulsive, they are sort of expected.)
What I am talking about is the smelly stuff they enjoy out here.
Dried fish.
Dried creatures (no clue what kind).
They smell so BAD!
Simply PUNGENT, bleck.
I am starting to get used to the scent,
but still it smells bad...

The worst part is recently,
at the local grocer they moved things around in the store.
I LOVE Fresh Fruit and veggies.
I love to smell the fruit for sweetness.
I love to take my time...

Well, they moved things around at the store...
Now, when I am shopping for this:

All I can smell is the VERY overwhelmingly strong scent of this:

Why?
Why did they set up the stinky zone in the middle of the produce?
I have opted out of getting produce a couple of times, because it was just too intense!

No comments:

html/java