Friday, October 25, 2013

Holding my breath!

During the summer the winds that blow, blow from the direction of basically California.  Across the open ocean.  Our air quality, while still not great, is usually manageable here in Tung Chung.  One of the reasons we live here, and not downtown where it is convenient to everything....

Well, this time of year, apparently, the winds shift and we get the air from China, which results in this!

I have always been very sensitive to bad air quality...  Not good.  I can't breathe....

So, I have been trying to hang inside more, which I dislike.  But, I like it better than not being able to breathe.

It is like there is a brown cloud that is sitting on the ground, insane!


I was excited last week, we had a couple better air quality days and I actually saw some blue skies.
Blue skies are very rare!  It seriously looks completely gray/brown, so much though that the sun is hard to see in the sky!

I love the blue!


Krystin was doing a project for her AP Art class and I went with her, and grabbed a couple shots to demonstrate the lack of visibility.  On this day, though, the air quality wasn't that bad.
When the air quality is good it is completely clear across the water and you can see the mountains and the sky is blue! 


Planes taking off.
This is by our flat so you know. 

On a different note, that is one way to water a waterfall! Ha!

Here's to some strong winds from across the ocean!!!

Todd did buy us an air purifier for our flat, which I am very appreciative of. 
I do feel badly for Krystin and her running team practicing and competing in this bad air!

No comments:

html/java