Thursday, October 24, 2013

Dinner...

Dinner.  I hate Dinner...
I do.  It is the nemesis of my life.
It is NEVER simple.
Always, "What should we have type of a deal?"...  
Where no one agrees, unless it is Mexican night!
I seriously will make whatever, just make a decision and agree.
(Disclaimer:  Whatever can NOT include bones or heads.  I have my limits.)...

Now, I would be happy to go out to eat as there is no counter space and cooking is a challenge, and it is actually cheaper to eat out most times. However, the MSG factor is dangerous and going out is so time consuming, so I will gladly cook in the little tiny no counter space, no air con kitchen!

Ok, phew feel better!

I have been trying to mix it up lately, especially when the kids are busy.

We had Australian Beef Chili.  With homemade Sourdough bread in my bread maker.

I have been experimenting with different recipes online too.
This one was a super hit!  
It is a cross between Mexican and Italian.
Krystin and Todd could NOT stop eating it.
I was very happy.  I have even made it in different ways and they loved it.
Recipe found here.  


Taste much better than my blurry pic.

We also are sad for Churros regularly, so our friend from California, Christine Mushet recommended this recipe.  

It is hard to find Western foods here, usually.  The recipe called for Sara Lee frozen Angel food cake.  Look at this selection they have.  All pound cake!  What!?  So we decided to improvise Swirl and Chocolate. I was committed to making these things.
Todd helped me, as I have never fried anything in oil before, and was a bit nervous about it.

The final result.

They were a little to greasy, but I might not have done it right.
They weren't bad, but I think I need to try again.

Do you remember this? 
I haven't seen stove top popcorn since I was a kid.
I failed at demonstrating to Kayla how stove top popcorn is done, and I think there is still a hint of burnt popcorn every once in a while in the air.

Krystin convinced me to go to Ajison Ramen for dinner one night, which I love...
I especially love the not cooking factor...
They normally will accomodate our request for no MSG.  Well, we took it to go...
It had TONS of MSG.  The lady that took our order totally had no clue what we were saying, we kept asking her if she understood. She said yes, but you know, KNOW when someone doesn't understand...  I looked at the Chinese receipt and it was missing any additional comments, so I should have said something. What do you say though to someone who doesn't understand you?  Nothing, you just eat it.
It was VERY good....
However, Krystin was sick for most of the week....
She had already had MSG the day before, and it overloaded her system...

One of my favorite meals to make is Tofu- Veggie- Stirfry!
Love it so much!  Todd really doesn't, so I try to plan it mostly when he is away or add some sort of animal flesh to the mix to satisfy his O blood cravings. 
SO GOOD!

Kayla's idea of dinner at school. 

Lizard Dinner 


Todd's Hotel Dinner via room service.  
Bet he preferred that over Tofu! LOL 

Ok, just because this bird cracks me up.
Look she does brain sucker. 


Pizza must not have been bad, he got it the next night too! Hahha 

Fun, fun, now what is for dinner tomorrow night?

No comments:

html/java