Sunday, May 19, 2013

Prom - 2013

American International High School Prom - 2013

Out here they don't have formal dances like they do at home.
There is no Homecoming dance or Winter formal.
Prom is THE dance of the year. 

Logan and Krystin weren't sure if they were going to go or not...
Lots of reasons why, but ultimately decided they would go!
Their time together in school is coming to a close...
They thought it would be appropriate to celebrate this last bit of time that they have together by going to prom together.
So sweet.

Prom came they day after MANY AP exams.
Both kids were a bit warn down, and stressed....

I asked Logan to get his haircut.
He was a little hesitant, as he said they never understand what he wants....

So, I sent him with this picture:
EASY.  Right?  
Get somewhat close and it will be fine....

A little while later I received this image on my phone:
He was NOT thrilled...
Totally, same haircut right?  LOL!  Oh my!
It looked SO much bigger in real life too!  

I asked Todd to go back with Logan and have them fix it,
as I was in the middle of getting Krystin ready.
BTW, it was less than an hour until they were supposed to leave at this point.

Krystin had been working with a drama group all afternoon, outside in the heat.
She was tired, stressed, and feeling frustrated....

They weren't quite in a party mood yet.

I was having a hard time getting her to smile!
How could she not smile when she looks that adorable?

There was some to do about where Logan's belt was and Krystin didn't have a purse that matched.  Oh, and the fact that we all forgot to figure out how and where to get a corsage and boutonniere.  OOPS! 
Finally though, they were both ready and looked awesome...  
(even without flowers or a matching purse...)

I tried to get a couple pictures while they were waiting for a cab to take them to the event.

Mosquitoes  attacked at first.
(I did try not to laugh.)

Oh, and it is SUPER humid right now too.
My lens on my camera kept fogging up instantly.
 I would wipe it off and it would be fogged over within three seconds!
Crazy!
   They were starting to get excited!

Super Cute!

Some pics from the night, care of facebook friends.


Love it!

Their table.  Krystin's favorite number!

Krystin sent me this phone pic after they got there!
So cute!  Those are the smiles I was hoping to see! YAY!

Krystin posted a pic of the dessert.
I am still not sure what it is.
Asia is a very different place, even when you go to the American International School.
Krystin said it was yummy!

Well, Todd and I could not waste an opportunity for a fun date night with Kayla!
So, we took Miss Kay out for dinner and a movie, and had a blast!

 We saw The Great Gasby, and loved it!
Very well done!

A pic before we left. 
I had no idea the dogs photobombed!

Silly girls! 






Photo Credits:  (Me, Krystin Haser, Peggy HsiehAisha TungMak King Ho Kingsley
Johnny Zeki Kar Junior)

No comments:

html/java