Saturday, May 25, 2013

Happy 18th Birthday, my Logan!

Dearest Logan Drew,

My baby boy....
   From your very first moment, I knew you were special.
Your heart is pure. You are sweet, compassionate, and kind.  You are truly a great person.
You are completely unselfish.  I know without hesitation you would give your most treasured possessions to any that asked.   This world is truly blessed to have you in it.  My hope is that you never, ever let the world dampen the love and kindness that is in your heart.   

I was so overwhelmed with love for you from your very first moment, that just looking at you made me cry.

Everyone was so excited about your arrival!  



Kayla couldn't contain herself!  
We know what she was thinking,
 "Yes, finally someone to gang up on those parentals with me!"... 

 What we didn't know when we first had you, was that we would have to fight to keep you. 
We weren't sure how long you would be with us and prayed a LOT, still do! 
I often have thought over the years, that you were perhaps too pure for this world...

I am SO GRATEFUL with every ounce of my soul that you stayed! 
I can't even imagine life without you in it.

 We have tried to teach you many things throughout your childhood.

Here are just a few...

First, that you are so very loved!

To have a sense of humor!  Life is too serious otherwise.

To always be adorable!
Ok, that just comes naturally for you.

Smile!

Eat healthy! 

The importance of family

And of course, how awesome Disneyland is ....

To always have fun, even if it seems weird! Who cares what anyone else thinks.

That's right.  Why wear a shirt the normal way? Be yourself, always!

You built a strong bond with Kayla right from the start,
and the two of you happily took over and showed us the way things were going to be!

You were loving and kind as you welcomed your baby sister, as well.

Before we knew it the three of you were a team, 
and Daddy and I were out numbered! 

We taught you to love nature... 

To stop and enjoy the beauty all around you...

We taught you to create and get messy, and it is OK!

We tried to instill a LOVE and passion for learning,
which you have always demonstrated.  So proud!!

Remember that sense of humor, really keep it!  

Please always stay close with your sisters.
You have always been such an excellent brother to them.
You always look out for them, and they cherish you for it.
Please know throughout your life you will always have each other. 

Enjoy! 

I love that you were born on your Daddy's birthday, 
and that special bond you have.
No greater present could be found!

Try and keep all the precious memories of your childhood close to your heart...








We tried to teach you the joy of animals, and the responsibility. 

 and how awesome a good hug/cuddle is!

Also, how much fun the journey can be. 
 Life is not just about the destination, but about having fun along the way... 

As you grow into your adult life and career, please remember...  
Money does not buy happiness, attitude does.
Work hard.  Love unconditionally.  See the beauty that is in every day...
Don't worry about what anyone else thinks you should do or be.
This is your life, my son.  
Your Daddy and I support you and love you in all that you do forever!

I can't believe that you are 18!
I am filled with a mix of emotions...
Gratitude - for the privilege of being your Mom, 
 and for the opportunity to watch your personality and mind develop and blossom...
Love - I have so much love for you my sweet boy.  
A bit of sadness too....at a chapter that is closing...
But mostly, I am excited that you are 18.
I am excited that you are about to embark upon life, and hope you live it to the fullest.
Please remember anything is possible, and never give up on your dreams.
I Know you are destined for greatness, and I can't wait to see what you will do!

I love you so much!!!
Thank you for being such an awesome son.
I am so proud of the man you are becoming!

Happy 18th Birthday, Logo!

Love you lots and forever,

Your Mommy


No comments:

html/java