Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Vivid Dreams

This is just a random post about my dreams....

Since I can remember, I have had vivid dreams.  For better or worse.   I usually remember my dreams, vividly and in crisp detail.   Rarely, do they fade immediately after waking, but sometimes they do...

Recently, I have had dreams about a baby girl.   No, it wasn't my baby girl, but a baby that I was watching or should be watching.  Somehow, the child is super quiet and at the end of the day I have totally forgotten to feed the baby!!! As if I would EVER do that.   In my dream I am super busy and distracted.  The child is never upset, just chilling in her bed waiting patiently.  But, holy heck am I disturbed that I could forget to take care of baby, ever.  :O    Why does this child haunt my dreams???

In other dreams, Todd and I are looking at these elaborate properties, houses or what not (have had these many times over the years).   These dreams are the MOST elaborate.  We look in every room, cupboard, around the property, sometimes even meet the neighbors.  I can feel the texture of the wood, smell the air, and see the names of the books on the shelves, vividly.   The duration of the dreams seem long too.  These are always places that I have consciously NEVER seen before and have no clue where they are or if they exist.   It is so weird.  One time, I actually woke up and did a google search to see if I could find the place, which of course was futile.  How do you search for a place from your dream?  

One of my favorite recent dreams.  Yes, this is so me.  Well, we lived near the Ocean...   A beautiful turquoise blue Ocean that was met by soft sandy beaches.  Apparently, I loved to swim in the perfectly temperate waters.   So far sounds cool enough, right?  Well, in this dream I had a pet dolphin.  Ok, I don't know if pet is the correct term, but definitely the dolphin was my friend.   I was swimming with the dolphin in the ocean, and the dolphin nudged me to hold on, and it sped me through the water, dove deep then swam hard and fast to the surface and we glided through the air as we breached the ocean's surface.  It was such an amazing feeling, such an awesome experience.   I clearly remember as we came above water seeing Todd smiling at me and taking pictures!   Todd is always in my dreams.  He is always there on my adventures with me, which is nice.  Even when he travels (or if I do) I know I will at least be able to see him in my dreams!

When I get stressed I have super vivid dreams too, but they are just seriously disturbing!  Vivid nightmares are not cool. I have dreamt many times of natural disasters, horrible evil people coming to get us, and even strange bizarre things such as buying a house with people buried in the walls, but still alive (being kept alive by a slow drip iv).  Yah, don't even ask.....  Why do I need to remember these things in detail?  I have also learned to avoid caffeine/sugar before bed, as it almost always guarantees nightmares.

I have also had vivid dreams where I was someone else from a different time period.   Once, I dreamt I was Egyptian, and spoke the dialect fluently.   It was the strangest thing!  I can still remember what the ground felt like under my feet, and the smell of the air.  I remember getting ready for an event or some sort and was ordering about my servants.   Everything was in such a hustle, then out of no where I realized I was speaking I don't know, maybe Ancient Egyptian, and I was aware in my dream that I was me and this other person and  I started to panic and woke up.   SO STRANGE!    I have had dreams like this since I was probably about 7 that I can recall.  Anyone else have dreams like that?  

And sometimes I have dreams of things that will happen in the future...

Anyhow, just thought I record my crazy dreams.   Here's to dreams of happy dolphins, sunshine and fun!

No comments:

html/java