Friday, April 19, 2013

Last Father and Son's Camp-out?

Todd had the opportunity to attend a Father and Son's Camp out with Logan.
I was excited that they still do that out here!  
Todd pointed out, being that Logan is graduating high school in a couple short months, this might very well be their last Father and son's they have together (well til the grandboys come!). 

I was excited for them, even though, I was a little jealous I wasn't invited! 
What?  No Mom's at Father and Sons... Rude!
I love camping, and we NEVER go camping!
Wait, you will see the pics and understand.

Anyhow, the camp out was scheduled for Friday night 'til Saturday morning.
We don't have any of our camping gear out here, so I told Todd I would help him find some.
Fortunately, we found a little camping store near the campsite.
Most of the other stores were located far away downtown, and would have taken hours to accomplish that task.  Oh, the best part the camp out was only 20 mins from us!  

Todd and I decided to get the camping gear early, and set up camp so that when Logan got home from school (eventually) they could just enjoy their time together.

Since we were getting camping gear, might as well make it a lunch date, right?
It is always fun to discover new areas that we hadn't been to before.
We loved this little village by the sea.



We were able to get a tent and a couple mircosized sleeping blags.  
They were local people standard size, I think.

As we were nearing the campsite, we saw some free range Water buffalo.  So cool.


The Camp site entrance!

Breath takingly serene.   



Todd picked this site, much like why he chose me, because it was lucky '13'! 
(I am born on the 13th)

More pics.  
Yes, I was plotting grabbing the girls and another tent and setting up camp on the other side of the beach, but I didn't...   The boys wouldn't have minded, but it seemed wrong.


My sis was asking if there are shells on the beach.
I honestly, didn't know, so I looked.
Yes!

Fire pits! Who doesn't love a fire on the beach?!

The site from the other view. 


Such an amazing location and we had NO clue it was so close! 

Todd made a video, maybe he will upload it?
Todd?

So, the girls and I had a 'girl's night out' while the boys were away!
We were a little lame, we were too tired to stay out long enough to see a late movie,
but we did get treaties.  :)

Todd and I are a bit goofy and love to send each other pics...

Todd sent me this one!
so cute!
Oh and part of the fun for Todd and Logan...
Todd had a MAJOR allergy attack and they had the opportunity to go on an adventure looking for antihistamines.  I feel badly, because I would normally have sent some with, but out here our allergies haven't been that bad and it was on the beach, so I didn't think it would be necessary...

While the boys were in pursuit of Clarytine (what they call it out here),
we girls were headed downtown. 
(Can you tell how tired we are?)

We did get dinner too.



and TREATS! YAY!

Todd took Logan for some Pizza.
Nothing says camping like a Pizza dinner in a restaurant. Ha!
They were joined by another Dad and son!

My girls hid among the giant bunnies.  
Yes, they are that adorable! 

Todd's pizza.
(Feel like you were there now? Me too!)

The girls and I brought our little friends with!

Well, I wish I had a picture of Todd and Logan camping,
but hopefully Todd will upload a video at least here!  :)

We missed our men-folk, but were happy to have this time in our lives where we can share it with each other. 

No comments:

html/java