Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Feeling the Pain of romance!


Ok, imagine a beautiful night.
The weather is perfect.
Stars are sparkling...
My Love and I are having a wonderful date night.
It was to end a little early, but I wasn't ready for it to end.

So, I asked my Love to please take me down to the coast,
to watch as the Ocean waves lapped along the sandy beaches,
while the moon and the stars shone down upon the water...

So Romantic!

When I asked...  I am imagining something like this...

My Man is pretty sweet, so he readily agrees.
We  drive down to the beach...
Windows down...
Salty air blowing in the car.
Music playing.

Perfect

We get to the beach, love was in the air.
Kind of felt like we were teens again...
My heart was flittering with the romance of it all.
(image in my mind)

Then, we get out of the car to walk down to the beach.

I am feeling a bit sexy and in love...

Maybe I was a little overwhelmed by how handsome my Love was that evening...
I don't know...
But, after getting out of the car. 
I stepped out on to the two steps of the dimly lit side walk...
(Not even to the very long stairwell down to the beach, just the two steps by the street)
and
Didn't realize that the second step was only a half a step (width wise)
and
 (ok, not as bad as the pic.  Didn't land on my face, but sheesh)

Man did I SMASH my ankle on that midget step!
Sheared the skin right off, twisted it and hurt it badly!
Wow, talk about ways to increase a 'mood'.

I ignored the pain that night. 
I was determined to have my romantic evening,
and it was beautiful...
(despite the burning pain from my ankle)

But, holy cow has that one little miss-step caused me grief this last week.

I didn't just hurt my ankle..
I think I tweaked my neck (couldn't turn it two days later)..
So, in the past week...
My sweet Man, has had to help me drive the children everywhere.
Taken me to the chiroprator for my neck.
Regular doctor for my ankle (with X-Rays)
(bad sprain, not broken, YAY, I think!)
and I am on antibiotics now, cause it got infected -SWEET...

Antibiotics are making me feel sick to my tummy and my ANKLE hurts when I walk...
Doctor's office said to 'stay off of it' - LOL, as if...
Ok, enough wining yet?

In summary...

One romantic night on the beach, equals 2 weeks of misery.

Dearest Todd, 
Thank you for not marrying me for how graceful I am, 
and being willing to catch me (or pick me up) when I fall.  
Can we do it again, when my ankle is better?  
Maybe, bring a flash light?
I love You,  Tammy

1 comment:

Cherylann and Mike said...

You are hysterical! Love your posts. If romance were only not so painful! Hope your feeling better.

Kayla's story about her wisdom teeth...poor girl, she didn't even get knocked out. That isn't even fair, you shouldn't have to remember the surgery AND the recovery...

html/java