Thursday, February 18, 2010

Too Much going on ='s

Space Head MOM!

Ok. I am usually pretty good about remembering things. I can't STAND flakiness - AT ALL. Really can't stand it. Especially, when it comes to my kids.

Well, I totally flaked out today.

We have one car that needs to be serviced, so Todd is borrowing Kay's. Meaning that I get to go to the High school a couple times a day. Also, Junior Parking permit information needs to be taken care of this week. Meaning I need all the paperwork from the car... So, while making breakfast, lunches, doing hair, getting kids organized (etc) all by 7:15am - I was trying to make sure Todd gave me copies of all the paperwork before he went off to Carlsbad for the day.

Krystin was nominated for Student of the MONTH - AGAIN!! Congratulations Krystin! We are very proud of you! Well, the assembly was this morning - 8:55am. I told Krystin when we found out about it - REMIND me. I have a bad feeling I am going to space it for some reason. I do NOT normally SPACE things...

Anyhow, back to this morning. Krystin's feet have been hurting. Remember, she broke her foot a couple of years ago. I am sure all her gymnastic endeavors aren't helping, but she wasn't sure if her foot was just sore or actually broken again. This is amidst Road Show practices, which were last night and landed her in tears from hurty feet... So, when she mentioned she had to 'run' for PE this morning - I offered to go over to the school and make sure she could just walk, as a precaution. The kids at this school are super fortunate they get to 'run' on this beautiful nature trail by a creek behind the school. It is really pretty. We carpool to the Junior High, so I pick up Krystin's friend, drop them off at school, and then realize I forgot something at home. Run home, grab Honey (because a dog needs a little walky too) and return to the school.

Upon my return, I found Krystin - all is well. She is cute. We talk, hug and I take the Hun for a walkies. Much joy was found as Honey made many new friends. A beautiful morning, really.

I head home going over in my head the rest of the day's schedule - the two journey to the high school and getting the parking permit, etc....

I get home - about 8:45. Realize the birds need to be fed. Clean all their dishes, make their food and play with Indy. Still feeling like - wow, what a great day. Things are going to go well today...

Then at 9am I get an urgent text from Krystin - STUDENT OF THE MONTH.... Krystin had forgotten as well. I mean I had just seen her!

Shute! Remember assembly starts at 8:55am.... Dang it. I quickly return Indy to her room, which she apparently didn't think was the best idea and made a potty on me! Rude! No time to change, gotta go - threw on a jacket real quick - GROSS, I KNOW, but it and I are washable.

I drive as fast as possible to the school for the THIRD time today (with my car on E, btw)- make it to the assembly at about 9:05... PHEW, Made it before the presenting of the awards... That was TOO CLOSE!

Anyhow, didn't have a chance to grab my camera, but was there to cheer for my sweet girl, and was able to buy a picture taken by the school!

Wow, guess I am going to have to go buy some string to tie to my finger or something...


(phone pic, you get the idea)
Krystin - We Love you!! Great Job!!!!

No comments:

html/java