Thursday, February 25, 2010

Fear factor & Road show...

Always the hustle and bustle around here it seems....

Last night was the 'final' dress rehearsal for the Road Show.
Just as a reminder, the show is this Friday at 7pm.

Practice was at 6pm. Logan didn't get out of track practice until just about 5pm. Kayla came with to pick up Krystin and Logan. Krystin hadn't even been home from school yet, as she went with me to pick up Logan from track directly from school (it ran longer than we expected, hee hee ran longer? get it?!)... Anyhow, by the time we got home it was 5:15 - Logan needed to shower and get dressed. Krystin needed to get dressed, hair, etc as well. We needed to leave the house by 5:40. That meant no dinner for them before practice, which I really dislike. I don't like feeding them late. I quickly got everyone ready, fed Logan a snack, Daddy got home and we were off! PHEW!

I don't want to give tooo much away ahead of time,
but here is the stage.



Logan after rehearsal


Krystin after rehearsal


When we got home everyone was extra hungry. I thought, perfect night for tofu, veggi-stir fry night. They will be so hungry there wont be as many complaints!!! Actually, it did work out that way. Everyone loved it. My girls actually like tofu-stir fry night, but my boys...

Ok, well, when I was shopping at Costco with Todd last weekend we noticed these little diddy's:

I thought, wow those would go great with tofu night!
Todd agreed that he would try them,
even though I could see the reluctance in his face.
I am always excited to try new things!

Everyone tried them. Everyone, except - Kayla. Kayla looked at them and made a sort of vomit-like face... Now, they were definitely not a new favorite, and I am willing to bet I won't buy them again, but ... Kayla's expression made me laugh. Keeping in mind Kayla is hands down the MOST finicky eater I have EVER met EVER, I couldn't resist. I offered her 20 bucks to eat one. I know, that's probably wrong, but if she could eat these little diddys anything is possible.

She agreed to try - and it was on
our first edition of Haser House Fear Factor!

She armed her self with a LARGE glass of water,
some soy sauce and ...



She literally ALMOST threw-up!
We were all laughing so hard.
I told her I would give her 10 bucks for the effort
or she could have 20 bucks if she finished it,
but she gets NOTHING if she PUKES on the table!

She took the 10 and called it a day.

We were actually all SO Amazed with her.
and we couldn't stop laughing...
I don't think I have EVER seen her so brave with food,
even if it did almost end up back on the table.

So, after all that - it was 9pm and kids were just starting their homework.



all to be up before the sun again this morning...

Bonus: What Honey does while we are away.

sits on stairs waiting for our return, in this spot.

No comments:

html/java