Thursday, September 19, 2013

The Last of the Wisdom has been removed....

It was Krystin's turn to have her wisdom teeth removed today.

Her wisdom teeth were a bit trickier than her brother and sister's...
They were impacted and the roots were right next to the nerves, so an oral surgeon was recommended.
The sooner the better, as the roots would just get longer and become more likely to entwine in the nerves.  Also, she was experiencing pain from them all the time in her jaw...

To be honest, I hadn't heard the BEST things about dental work in Hong Kong.
I have heard their medical can be good, but not dental.
In fact, they really don't cover anything dental related with insurance.

SO STRANGE!

I ended up finding an American Oral Surgeon that is also licensed here.
He has been practicing for more than 20 years, and had good reviews and keeps both licenses current....  

I know.  I know.  I found an 'American' Brand Surgeon, but really it gave me comfort.
I know the standards that he is accustomed to, and his English was excellent!

I was thoroughly impressed by his knowledge, expertise, thoroughness, and actually his professionalism.

Today was the day that I had to bring my baby to him and entrust that his skills were as they appeared.

We cabbed over thinking it would faster and easier, as his office is downtown.
Central!
The cab driver was confused and wasn't sure where the address was, even though it was in Chinese and in Central...  Ultimately, instead of arriving 30 mins early, we were 30 mins late! Silliness.  I did call at the scheduled time to let them know, but I still felt awful. 
I have this be-early always problem.  It is a problem because it totally freaks me out to not be early, and to be late oh my. I am working on it, but really!

In the cab there was a cute little Cappy waiting to go with her and give her love.

Before! 

After.  
A bit disoriented and dizzy, but otherwise pretty good!
Dr. said that it went very well, even better than expected.
Words a Mommy loves to hear. 

At home she happily cuddled up on the sofa to an unlimited movie time.
With the fun ice on, ice off routine that she is familiar with personally witnessing her siblings perfect the art in the last couple of years! 

Lily was super concerned about Krystin and kept jumping up to lick her face and make her better.
Lily had to settle for a nearby cuddle. 


Here is to a quick recovery!
We love you Krystin!!

No comments:

html/java