Monday, September 3, 2012

Witches Brew...

Yah, Witches Brew....

That is what Todd called it...

We decided to venture in to this 'local' grocery store.
It is hidden deep in the recesses of the 'local' mall.

We hadn't really noticed it much before, 
as it is pretty tucked away.

It is actually a decent size, 
very clean,
well lit,
and didn't even have a scent 
(good or bad, which is a good thing)...

Most EVERYTHING is in CHINESE, only....

Somethings were a bit of a mystery as to what they are...

I had to sneak some pics to share.

 As we entered the store there was a row of open freezers.
You know the kind that you lean over and 
can reach down into and pull out stuff.

Well, the 'meat' looked somewhat familiar.
Sorta looked like steak and ribs...

But, I saw this sign...
I said to Todd, "Babe, I think it is crocodile meat."
He replied, that he believed that was just the brand.
Sounded reasonable...

Until we looked in the next frozen bin...
Yah, if you look closely those are crocodile feet.
Yummy!  
Todd about puked right there in the store.
It was pretty awesome.

Of course, then I had to see what else this store had.


 It had all the 'usual' stuff like full fish and fish heads.
Pretty accustomed to seeing that now.

In fact, now when I see this:
(which was a pic from our INTERNATIONAL store)
The song,
Fish heads,
Fish heads, roley, poley fish heads...
Eat them up YUM...
Pops into my head. 
EVERY time.
(Not familiar with the song click here, seriously do it! 
You can sing with me!)

The largest assortment in the store was of dried critters.
Rows and rows of, I really don't even know....
We couldn't figure out what any of it was at first.

But, luckily this one had a sign in English.
Now, while I LOVE cucumbers,
Sea cucumbers???
Krystin said she thought they were poisonous.... 

There were antlers,
with a little diagram of how to shave bits off and eat them.
Yummy!
(not sure what type of creature it was from, but they were fuzzy.)  

and what convinced Todd that Witches shop here?
Sea horses...
Boxes of dried sea horses. 

He looked at me, mortified,
and said,
"Tamara, witches shop here.
This is for witches brew."

I laughed, because it is soooo true.
I bet they had eye of newt in there somewhere! 

Ha!  Yes.   We do indeed come from a different world...

One in which, 
I can readily enjoy this!

2 comments:

Melanie said...

I really enjoy reading your posts and seeing the pictures. So different than what I am used to. Please keep the posts coming. Oh, and please eat a chocolate See's sucker for me. Thanks! :-)

Betty said...

I am so enjoying your adventures! Please let me know what is your favorite treat that you miss. I'll bring a care package for you next week :)

html/java