Thursday, September 20, 2012

Kayla's Birthday Cake(s)

We celebrated with Kay twice,
because we wouldn't see her on her actual birthday!

Once, before she went to the US
She picked Mexican for her B-day dinner.
 She doesn't like cake that much,
and we couldn't find frosting,
so I made her an Oreo Pudding Pie 'cake' 
(that I had brought the mix from the US with).
 Oh, and we could NOT find birthday candles!
So we improvised.

A little going away birthday present!

 Yah, no clue?!

The little friends that got to go to the US with Kay.
Yah, Lily was hopeful.

Kayla's FAVORITE cake is Funfetti.
No.  They don't have it out here.
So, she brought some back from the US and frosting,
and I happily made it, 
in the little mini-sit-on-the-counter-oven.
 (which is trickier than it should be!
besides the conversion between Fahrenheit and Celsius).
 In the last week,
the shelves in the stores have been filling up 
with decorations for the upcoming fall festival,
which happen to include CANDLES!!!
I might have bought 6 packages of 24 candles,
which Todd thought was a bit excessive.
I say you can never have too many candles!
 Especially, when your kids are getting OLD.
19 candles is a LOT! HA!

 Kay was not going to take a chance that every candle 
wasn't blown out.
I swear she almost blew me off my seat!
 Yay!  
The funfetti cake was YUM!
Thank goodness, we only had ONE box.


Happy 19th Birthday, Kayla!

Love you.

No comments:

html/java