Tuesday, July 10, 2012

4th of July

Happy Independence Day - USA

Our family LOVES the 4th of July!

and 

For the last two years, 
for unplanned reasons
Todd and I have not been able to be with the kids on the 4th.

Last year, Todd and I were in Hong Kong
(His company insisted he was needed at that time & 
even paid to fly me out, as per his condition of being gone on the 4th)
This year, Todd and I were flying home 
(20 hours of flying, so pretty much in the air for the entire day)

So...  
We promised the kids we would celebrate the 4th together
When we returned.

Now.  
2 things are required to celebrate the 4th
(Well, in our house, for Todd at least!)

1.  Fireworks
2.  Hamburgers
(I would say BBQ, but have to be flexible)

Luckily, we live near HK Disneyland,
and DISNEY seriously knows how to do a Fireworks show!
Disney does have Hamburgers, but...
As Todd described to me,
They remind him of those frozen ones that you would get in an elementary lunch at school.
I didn't try it, but I will take his word for it, YUCK!
When in Hong Kong Disney, stick to the Asian food, it is good!

Forturnately, Hong Kong is an international hub of business so finding pretty much any food from around the world is possible.  May not be exactly like home, but good enough!

There is this really awesome International Grocery Store in Downtown Kowloon, called Three-Sixty.  They have an amazing variety of groceries (although, it is always changing depending on availability) and they have an awesome burger grill in the store (and a few other good eats).

They EVEN have a MEXICAN Burger - with Guac!  (GASP! YUM!)

I told the kids we should wear Red, White and blue

Krystin went all out - CUTE

The grill that made our burgers
 (not a BBQ, but still, they toast the buns!)
 
 Logan acutally got a chicken Burger.
KC a French Burger 
(well, she was wearing her french hat)
Todd and I had our Guac burgers, YUM!

and Miss Kay, said no thanks to the burger.
Had some fries with this.
Not sure that counts as dinner LOL!
 

Then we were back to the Metro
(yes, Duffy came too!)

I love these kiddos,
So cute!

While the Metro can be crowded at times,
you can't beat the view...


Quick change of trains 
and we were on the Disneyland Line!
Love!!!
 We arrived to Disney just after sunset...
 and had time for a quick Sundae! (:

The fireworks were beautiful.
I WISH I had brought my real camera!!
The phone camera really couldn't capture how pretty they were.
That and Sleeping Beauty's Castle kept transitioning
 between rainbows of colors, so pretty.



It was VERY hot, a bit sweaty,
but Super fun!


 Heading home.
(Yes, KC brought her Dufster too!)

Happy 4th, Hong Kong Style!

No comments:

html/java