Wednesday, November 16, 2011

London - Day 5


Today was busy
and SOOO COLD!

Seriously, FREEZING!

We hopped on a bus at 7:55 this morning.

(Did I mention, I can't sleep when my family is separated, ugh)
 Z & Z were being extra wild
 Then they got the Ewoks involved!


Windsor Castle

















Back to the bus: 

An Hour later ...
after driving through endless countryside, YAY!



 We arrived here:


 IT was EVEN Colder HERE!



 What the formation was thought to originally look like.
 We only had about 30 mins to explore, 
then back to the bus. 

 Z&Z were too cold to come out and get a pic,
so they posed with the map.

From there, we went to:
Bath (the Ancient Roman Bath house)
We weren't 'scheduled to go there', but our trip got cancelled and they upgraded us for free - sweet!

It was a bit of a drive through the country again...




Did I mention, CITY air kills my lungs.
Progressively this week my lungs have been hurting more and more...
The country air was SUCH a relief!

Bath was formed 2000 years ago,
by Roman's.
It has the ONLY naturally occurring hot springs in the country.
IN this FREEZING Country, I might add.

The Romans occupied and maintained these amazing Bath houses for around 500 years, until their empire fell.

With no one to maintain them, they dwindled with time and were buried.
It wasn't until (I believe in the last 100 years) that they were discovered and renovated.  Because of their (burial preservation) they are the OLDEST Roman Bath houses still in existence.

I instantly fell in love with this beautiful little city.
I wish I had pictures of the rolling hills and the adorable homes that dotted the landscape.  I would LOVE to live in that beautiful place (or at least stay there for more than 1.5 hours).

Here are some pics from the Bath House and surrounding city.











Serious steam off those hot springs (specially when it is that cold out)














It was a long, too fast , nice day.
Then we had a 3 + hour bus ride back...

Good Night for now.

I love you Kayla, Logan & Krystin,
 Miss YOU MUCH!

With Love,
M & D 

No comments:

html/java