Monday, November 14, 2011

London - Day 3


I am MISSING
These Guys this evening... 

They always make me smile!

And these little ones too...

and...
my Indy.

I wish that I could take them ALL with me! (:

But, I do have a pretty adorable man with me.
That I miss sooo much, cause he works a LOT!

 Today was SOOO COLD!
Not even a BLINK of Sunshine.
Cold, gray, and wettish...
In fact, we met some people from New York, and they were telling us how cold they were.  We said we were from sunny So. Cal, and they were like, "You must be dying!".    Yes, we are whimpy.  We like our temperate weather, but we try to be tuff! I even wore two jackets!
I was laughing, because last time Todd and I ventured together it was so HOT and HUMID we thought we were going to die, and now it is cold and frigid.   I think the Universe is REALLY trying to give us a greater appreciation of how wonderful our weather at home is, LOL!  

So, After Todd coordinated his business calls and emails.
Oh, and we had breakfast.
Did I mention, the hotel included breakfast.
Thankfully, because London is crazy expensive?!
That and the American Dollar is looking pretty sad compared to the Pound. :(

After that was all situated we were off.

Down into the Underground... 
 Through the tunnels.
aaahhhh
 and then to the trains...
We are still figuring this system out.
I think we have it now, this morning we were a little rusty still.
 Yes, there are peeps with dogs everywhere too, if you were wondering.
Oh, come on.  I know you were.
 Well, that and open bins of sweets for purchase.
Hmn, I am "Cover my sweets type of person"

On the way,
Todd practiced his Jedi skills on a Pigeon.
He used the force to make the Pigeon sit.
It was amazing, really.
 Oh yah, the trains...
 Which way - East or WEST?
Well, it is called the 'Circle' Line- shouldn't matter right?
 East
 or West
 We chose - WEST!
WRONG!

Luckily, this guy in the blue jacket on the left helped us figure it out.
 

And we got on another train, going the correct way!
 
 Zig and Zo were happy to have a seat!
 Yay! Victoria Station.
Almost to Buckingham Palace
 I love all the old buildings that line the streets.
The architecture is amazing!



 LOL! It is a Pedestrian Subway!
 The Royal Mews
(Fancy Stables)

 Things you take for granted at home.
You know which way to look for traffic.  
Well, apparently, there have been issues,
because MOST streets have signs like this posted at each cross walk.
So funny, but actually really helpful.




Buckingham Palace.
It was pretty quiet today.
Change of the guards is only done between May and July (apparently)
 We did see some Bobby's on horseback
 The Gates...
Ahem, Royal Gates.




 Too many people in front of the gate,
so we went across the way to get a pic in front of the palace. (:

 Z & Z wanted a turn too.
Yes, we cautioned them sternly NOT to jump over the gate!
 Hyde Park is just across from the palace,
Very serene... and beautiful.



 and so you know.
Yes, there are crazy dedicated runners all over out here too.
I was freezing with two jackets on...
 and ladies that have little dogs that run free in the leaves.

 I asked Todd if he wanted to play in the leaves with me.
He said he would, but he is allergic to them, bummer.
I am allergic to everything else, so I totally understood!

 Ok.  It was crazy.
There were all sorts of birds.
Seagulls, crows, other types no clue what kind all hanging out.
and even a cute squirrel.  
Todd got the BEST pic of it.  
I will add it when I get it.

The one place I have been REALLY excited to go to...
is 
It is not far from the palace, so that was our next pursuit! 
Wandering through the city again..





 
 Car in a showroom, cool huh?!








 



 What we didn't realize was...
We would be passing through 
Piccadilly Square
(Which is London's version of Times Square)
 



As we got close,
Todd had a business 'meeting' call,
which he could take cause we figured out the phone thing.

There was a scary very Brittish Themed Clown in the store, next to Todd.
I am afraid of clowns, a little.
I am sure he is nice. 

The contrast between olden days and modern times epitomized...  
Love this fountain

 Oh yes, I did say they are like seriously ready for Christmas out here.

 One of these days, 
I am SOOO going to go into one of these Patisseries. 

 True to Time Square form - Planet Hollywood!

Then, YES!  
We found it!  (:
I was BEYOND EXCITED 
 Outside the National Gallery
 The National Gallery



 No pictures were allowed in the gallery (of course).
I was shocked at how powerful it was to see these authentic paintings.
I was in LOVE with them, and almost brought to tears by their beauty.
To me it was like time travel.
The paintings are REMARKABLY preserved.
They are indescribable.
We didn't have as much time there I would have liked, 
so Todd promised to take me back before we return home.
I hope we can! 

We left about 4:30pm (Todd had another business call)
and the sun had already been tucked in...



 Todd was overjoyed by this sign.
Yes, in London - They too celebrate Movember.
I think I some how agreed to him 'celebrating' Movember next month, 
because maybe I encouraged him to shave his moustache (cause I was scared of it).

 I love the city at night...




 Oh, and they have an M&M world
 With its own personal Art Gallery (:
 No.  I didn't buy any M's...
They were like 15 bucks US for a small package??  
Seriously?!

Back to the underground and to the hotel...

Exhausted from all that?!
Me too.  
Good night!

Tomorrow, Todd has training all day.
Hmn, what should I do?

No comments:

html/java