Tuesday, November 15, 2011

London - Day 4

Today was a down day, well for me at least.  Which was actually nice, cause I could NOT fall asleep last night!  Stupid Jet Lag!   I did get up early with my cute hubby though, and had breakfast with him, before he set off to Training (yah, the reason we are out here, LOL)!     I totally missed him today, but set out on foot to go explore more of the local terrain.  I wandered around the streets.  It is kind of scary wandering around downtown city streets, with the realization that this is foreign country...  There was a comfort in the fact that if I was lost, dazed, confused or anything else - the native language is ENGLISH!  Even if half the time the peeps look at us like, "What in the HECK are you saying?!"

Anyhow, while I was wandering (pretty much aimlessly, I love to just see where I will end up).  I came across a street side market?!  I didn't even know they had those out here.  I didn't see any 'touristy' type of merchandise, which I thought was strange.  It was more or less a 'locals' market, I guess.

What does  a Street Side market in London look Like.
Here, I will show you.



 Fresh Fish, MMM, the scent takes me back to Hong Kong!

 Children's toys for your Christmas needs

fruits and veggies.  Did look yummy


Toilet Paper?  
Well, you know what they say -
Every one ........

A MUST at all Street side vendors I have noticed.
Booths of Purses (MUST be a HOT item)

More fish...
Yah, they were gutting them right there.
Appetizing. 

This booth really attracted the little older women.
Shoes and Jackets in boxes to sift threw

I didn't get anything from the market.
I am from America, 
We don't haggle.
It is scary.
Just tell me how much it is.
Why make a game of it?
I did see a couple things I might go back to check out,
if Todd comes with me.

Well, after a couple hours of exploring, I was Freezing!
I ventured back into the underground and took a train back to hotel,
since the Hotel is connected to a train station, 
I was back in a blink, sweet!

-- Back at the hotel. --
 I was a little bored...
Everyone was sleeping in the US..
So, I decided to take pics (of myself) and email them to Todd.
You know so I could be with him virtually today!
Am I too goofy?
Do you expect any less?
Of course NOT! 

After Todd's Day at work.
He came back, grabbed me,
and we had a nice Dinner with a couple of his work peeps!  

No comments:

html/java