Monday, August 29, 2011

Mammoth

Hello everyone, this is Krystin, guest blogging about my trip to Mammoth.

I'll start out first by telling you about what Mammoth is, exactly. It's high altitude training that my cross country coach has. He takes the top 20 girls on the team of 110 up to stay in beautiful Mammoth Lakes, CA. It's a long car ride and an unforgettable experience that includes team bonding, race prep, two workouts a day, and a challenge for all. Overall, it's amazing.

So, it's been my goal to make it to Mammoth this summer since the last one. I worked hard every day, running and doing all the harder workouts with the objective of going to Mammoth in mind. Finally, I got my invite. I made it. Sadly, that next Monday, I got injured.

I could barely walk for a couple days and then I biked up until the Mammoth trip. I was still injured up in Mammoth, but ran a couple of the shorter workouts. Other than being injured (which was very disappointing) I really enjoyed the trip.

The seminars were great, the cabins/condos were amazing, and the bonding was like nowhere else. It was certainly an unforgettable experience and one I hope to be able to enjoy again next year and the year after, and in those times, not injured.

Here are some pics I took from my journey:

Picture 1) a Lake we hiked to. Picture 2) After Hike picture. Picture 3) View from Cabin Balcony. Picture 4) The food stash. Picture 5) In the cabin. Picture 6)Hiking. Picture 7) The team :)
















Mammoth was a wonderful time. I even got a bitten by, and late killed, a big black spider! I'm really glad for such a wonderful experience, but I'm also glad to be home with the family. To Fam: I love you guys and missed you a lot! Glad to be home with you!

Now to fix up my legs, and prepare for an awesome season was my bro, Blazer, and an amazing sophomore school year. Thanks for reading my guest blog!

Littlest Haser,
Krystin ~:>

1 comment:

TamaraLove said...

Krystin - Thank you for your blog! I loved it, and I love YOU! (: Love, Mommy

html/java