Monday, August 15, 2011

Lazy days of Summer? Not!

So... My head is spinning a little.

A week plus 3 days ago I kissed my LOVE good bye,
as he journeyed to India...
I love this man soo much.
I hate it when he leaves, especially to the other side of the world!

While he was gone. 
Life moved forward, as it does.

My runners have been working hard to improve.
Krystin, especially has seriously stepped it up (punny, right?).

Unfortunately, there are consequences to dedication in running...
... Shin Splints, being one...
I took Lo and Kryst to the Sport's Medicine MD.
He checked out Logan.
Logan explained the pain location.
The doctor thoroughly examined him....

Then, he examined Krystin
 Yes.  They have the SAME injuries.
Doctor said that he hasn't seen siblings with the same exact injuries before.

I swear I am NOT beating them with sticks on their shins at home!

Good News - It is NOT stress fractures.
Bad News - Physical Therapy 3 times a week, ugh.

I tried to spend some individual time with each of my kids.
Krystin was brave and had Sushi with me.

Logan dropped Todd at the airport with me, and we stopped at Disney on the way home and got Sundaes.
Kay spent a morning with me, while we waited for our runners and we had a pastry breakfast.
and some time together...
I love my kids for all their unique qualities, their drive and passion, their talent, creativity, and for being mine...

Todd sent me beautiful flowers, to keep me company in his absence...

Oh, wait and YES the kids did start PT last week.

What did that caption say?
Read it again!

Wait, let me help you.
yes.  Logan shaved ONE leg.
He had taped his shin on one leg, and the tape pulled out a bunch of hair.
He decided to remedy that by shaving, but refused to do both...

Krystin wouldn't let me take her pic the first day, 
as she was rather upset that they told her to lower her mileage running.  
She is soo dedicated!

Oh, and Kayla got her FIRST College Student ID

During the week my sister lost one of her best friends, sad.  :(
and my Dad had to move unexpectedly, stress...  

The girl's sink in their bathroom decided to not only help me with washing the bathroom floor, but also the cupboard under the sink.  
Sweet.  Pipe issues.  Awesome.

Oh, yes, and my Todd was in INDIA!

It was a long week...

So, after 8 LONG, 
and I MEAN LONG days
Todd  journeyed home.
His journey home consisted of leaving India just before 10pm Thurs (india time)
Traveling for about 27 hours on three different planes, 
to arrive in California 12.5 hours in the past at 1pm Friday (cali time).

Krystin braved the long drive to LAX
and the wait.
Did I mention that I cannot sleep when Todd is gone.
Yah, I was a little loopy and kinda tried to walk into the 
DO NOT ENTER (Restricted) area...
OOPPSS
Is that why everything was red and roped off, shute!
I was quickly stopped and redirected...

I SO Wish I had a video camera with me...
While we were waiting...
Captain AMERICA appeared!
It was pretty epic.
As people arrived from their foreign destinations 
He would shout, "Welcome to America, from Captain America!!!"
Priceless

I SO Wanted him to greet Todd and get a pic, but alas, he left a few minutes before Todd arrived...

So,  Todd came home Friday afternoon.
Very (understandably) jet lagged.
He still had dinner with me a Pedro's.
Really it is a tradition now, how could he not?

Saturday, my Sis was in town.
She flew in a couple days prior to attend her friend's memorial,
and help take care of her things.
So, since she lives in Nashville, and I never get to see her...
We drove the 70+ miles to have lunch with her and my Mom.

Only, Todd and I were both tired and were babbling 
and somehow took a shortcut and drove 150 miles, instead of 75...  
Yah, don't ask?!
We were safe, that is all that matters, right?

Lighting is off, not sure why.
Camera is POSSESSED, maybe.

We had a nice time visiting, and then journeyed home.
Pretty tired.
With LOTS of traffic....

So, what do you do when there is lots of traffic on the way home?
Go to Disney for a couple of hours, of course.

I mean, just because Todd  & Logan had to leave by noon for Logan's XC High altitude training camp on Sunday, and nothing was ready to go, and Todd's clothes were still not washed from India - So What?!

Needless to say, we were up late Saturday night getting everything together and washed.
Sunday morning was a scramble.
Where are Logan's camping backpacks?!
Still don't know....

Todd wanted to bring his bike, 
as keeping up with the boys on foot is not really possible.
He didn't think I could get the bike to fit.

(Really need to get a bike rack)

and it fit even with all this stuff
 
and the entire family.
No, it wasn't comfy, but it worked.

Oh, and my Jeep Still needs a new trani, so there were lots of prayers on the way to the school and back that it would make it!

We even got there a bit early, so happy!

I love to be early!

 The 'Men' even were able to pick their seats first!

 So.
Todd is HOME,
but 
Not really...

and Life continues.

The girl's and I went to a movie.
and brought these instead of popcorn
LOVE!

Today, Monday, was a bit crazy.
Really, it was....

For some reason, I must not like to pay the water bill.
Why that is, I don't know.
It is like the CHEAPEST bill we have.
Yet, it seems almost every month I get a personalized phone call reminding me to pay it?!
I had to drop off a payment by 8am, they open at 730.
Krystin has to be at practice by 8am, so we had to leave early.
Seriously, why can I NOT pay that bill?!
I paid it, dropped off Krystin...
I quickly ran home, grabbed Kay.
Went to Target.
Went to Pharmacy...
Picked up Krystin from practice by 10am (she was limping...)
Luckily, Physical Therapy was next on the list of to do's...
so.. Krystin went to Physical Therapy
They worked on her for about an hour
and then she tried out the 'Anti-gravity' Treadmill
PT recommends no 'outdoor' running this week.
Biking is ok, anti gravity treadmill is ok.
Krystin is NOT happy.
But, hopefully, she will mend and be well.

Then to Kayla's college to get books (long line).
Feed the kids lunch, finally (it is now 2pm)
come home...
Dog's got into the trash, some how, while we were gone?
Ate stuff they shouldn't have.
Spicey beef jerky remnants and dogs do NOT mix, btw..
They got sick just inside the dark hallway door to the house...
I stepped in IT!
Oh, yes I did...
(should have taken a pic, but I will spare you)
GROSSSSSS....
Thanks pups.

Don't let their innocent looks fool you.

 How many monkeys and bones do you need in a three foot space?
 The best part is they drag all of their 'toys and bones' right in front of the fan and sit their playing with them, while the fan blows through their furr...

Well, I am hoping Tuesday is a little nicer than today.
I am tired.

Todd and Logan get back on Thursday.
I can't WAIT! :(

2 comments:

Melanie said...

Whew---and I thought I was busy! :-) Glad you get Todd really back soon. How is the anti-gravity machine at PT working? Sounds neat.

TamaraLove said...

Krystin has only tried the anti-gravity machine once, so far. She said it feels like you aren't running at all. It reduces the weight of your body to 20%. Pretty cool. I will let you know how it goes, as she will be using 3 x a week. (:

html/java