Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Whirlwind tour...

Just a quick update...  

The real reason for this trek to India was very apparent yesterday.  Todd was deeply engaged in meetings from the moment we arrived at the office at 9am til the wee hours of the morning - we didn't leave til close to 3 am.   It was hard for me to restrain myself and not run into that meeting and just grab Todd and say - ENOUGH is ENOUGH - you are exhausted - we are OUT buddy.   But that is the nature of the game, deadlines, timetables, racing against the clock, especially when you have people together that have journeyed a far distance to make things happen, and a client is tapping their finger on the table waiting for your attention, albeit virtually.  

I am heading home this evening at 2am - India time (which, I know is technically tomorrow, but you get the idea).   Yesterday, they had Todd cancel our flight arrangements to come home this weekend together, as the client is in Hong Kong and needs Todd's special attention.   However, as of today, it does not look as though he will be able to journey on to HK this weekend - d/t visa requirements (which, btw, we KNEW about yesterday)...  They are still trying to figure things out, but sheesh make a plan already and stick to it!

So, tonight, I will journey the 23 ish hours to return home, by myself.   Here's to hoping everything will go smoothly, as I have no cell reception or wireless connectivity, which makes the separation from everyone seem that much greater.  Oh, and the stopover is in South Korea, strange huh?!  I was hoping for Germany again - chocolate.  Need chocolate.  The good news is each leg of the journey, I am that much closer to home, my babies, my creatures, my bed and FOOD that I LIKE!  (:

Wish me luck, well and Todd too!   I will write again when I am back on the other side of the planet.  

Love to you. (:

1 comment:

Melanie said...

Wow---fun adventures. The Taj Mahal is beautiful. Interesting details. Also, are the cows, dogs and monkeys tame? I think you should make a scrapbook of your trip.

html/java