Sunday, February 27, 2011

The Search for a New Jacket

Ok - so, today was Sunday - and I thought I'd go and search for a replacement jacket. I went and talked to the hotel concierge and he suggested I take the Airport Express train and go to Kowloon. The round trip ticket was 90 HKG dollars, which is about $11.55 US. Not too bad. If you recall from my last blog, the hotel is next to the airport. So, I was able to walk over to the airport and then get on the Airport Express train.


The train was very 'new' and modern - more so than anything I've seen in the US. It even said 'free wifi' on the train... I wish I had known, I would have brought my phone - could have at least done facebook while I was on the train!


They even have a little indicator to let you know where you are on your journey. I thought that was pretty neat:


So, once I got to the train station in Kowloon, I jumped on one of their buses to go in to town.


Well - I had a map.. But, I couldn't read it very well - so I walked around... And ended up finding some place that used to shoot off cannons at noon so that the boats would know what time it was, or so the sign said. Here are a few pics of this place:




and this next one reminded me of my love


So - then I found the malls... It was a bit like 'rodeo drive'... everything was prada this and armani exchange and name brand name brand name brand... Where's 'Jackets for Fat People'? I couldn't find that store.


Oh, and in every food court, there were these 'Healthy Treat' places


anyhow - if you didn't know, I hate shopping - even for myself! I will say, though, that the sales people in the stores were NOT pushy or annoying. They stayed their distance and were waiting to 'help' any way they could. That was a nice change...

Ultimately, after looking for 3 hours, I couldn't find ANYTHING. I found 1 jacket that sort of 'fit' but it looked WAY to chick-like (I wanted to get a pic of it, but it seemed weird). Then, my stomach was still feeling 'ich' - so I went back to the hotel... :(

Tomorrow I'm supposed to take a bus to get to the client site. Maybe there will be somewhere to get jackets over there? I'll take pics and update tomorrow night. Meanwhile, here are a few more pics from the day.






The ship in the back is an NCL ship - made me remember/miss my time in Alaska with Tamara...

No comments:

html/java