Friday, February 25, 2011

Kayla - Wisdom

I have said it before, but I must say it again -  my Kay is a wise one. (:  

I respect her mind, her thoughts, and her opinions.

I was speaking with her last evening, and expressing my great sadness over the absence of Daddy, especially the unexpected- extended absence.   I said to her, "why do I get SO sad when I am away from Daddy."  Seriously, not super rational.  I know I will see him again.

In her wisdom, she thoughtfully said, "Mom, of course you feel sad.  It makes sense.  He is your life partner.  He is your other half.  It is to be expected to feel bad when your other half is far away."   Simple statement, but very wise and true.

I love my Kay!

And I do miss him terribly.   Snoring and all.

But, I am grateful for amazing children, the kind of kids that make the sun shine that much more brightly each day, even when dark clouds of sadness seem to appear.  .  . 

No comments:

html/java