Saturday, February 19, 2011

India - Day 2


India - Day TWO (and a couple pics from Day 1).  

Today in India was Saturday, it is now nearing bed time as I type this.   Todd and I are both pretty exhausted and for some reason decided to get up early. Maybe it is because night is day is night...  Oh my poor circadian rhythm.  (;   

Anyhow, yesterday, I went with Todd to work, and they gave me a desk to hang out in.  Although, they would not allow me to use the guest 'internet'.  Boo.   Security is crazy out here, so at least they let me in the building!  

Zoey kept me company all day!
 Some more pics from inside the office.  
We were there til 6:30pm.
Everyone seemed nice!
 Feel like you were there yet?
 After work - we were on our way.
Wow, the roads are INSANE!
 You just can't capture in a pic, how truly terrifying the roads are out here.
There really aren't any rules.  Drive on the side of the road, between lanes, the opposite direction on what should be a one way road, bike, or run between speeding HONKING Cars.
Oh, honking is part of the driving experience.  They all drive sooo close and aggressively, honking is utilized to avoid collision, surprisingly effective.

After we got back to our room, we were hungry...
Speaking of hungry....
Todd & I love Indian food, really we love it - we do...
However, we have discovered Indian food for breakfast is a little odd,
and then every subsequent meal ...  
I am in shock how much I miss REAL cow's milk cheese, and NORMAL bread.
 We went to this little place and ordered up a couple little Indian diddy's.  
They were pretty good, even if my tummy protested a little about the third meal of spice that day.
 We were pretty excited - they had ICE CREAM...
We decided to share.
However, I could't eat it.  
Didn't taste like ice cream.  
I think it is goat cream!!!   
Weird, right?  Looks like ice cream.

It was a fun experience, even if it was very foreign - down to the ice cream.

The next morning, this morning we were up bright and early.
The sky is constantly filled with a moisture laden dusty haze.
It seems as though the sun never truly rises.


 Breakfast with the Z & Z



After breakfast, Todd had some work to do, so we chilled in the hotel til lunch.

Then we braved walking to a local mall.

There are dogs everywhere - NO Joke.

 The dogs appear to be nocturnal.   
They are wild all night, and sleep most of the day.

and the cows.  Click on it to see it bigger.
Families of cows, and lone cows all over.  

 Random running dog.

I talked to an employee at the hotel about the dogs.
I was saying how odd it is that they just coexist, so cohesively.
The dogs ignore the people, the people ignore the dogs, and they both leave each other alone.  
The employee said, "Well, India is a free country, even for dogs." 
LOL!!!! So funny and true

The mall
 Look!  a 31 flavors.
No, I didn't get any.
After last night, too dangerous.
 There are guards in front of every door.
 We were craving 'home foods',  so we went to Papa Johns.
Nope didn't taste right.  
The front of the mall.


Way home, more dogs...
 They all seem happy.

 Yay!  We made it!
 Oh...  and did I mention the city smell bad.
Like a mix between, death, rotting stuff, and really strong spices (prob from the street side vendors)
We did see one dead dog on the way, other than that, and the poor pregnant women and children on the side of the street that will chase you.   So, sad, the children are sooo cute.  I wanted to grab one and throw him in my suit case.
I know, they have a family.

When we got back...  I was looking out the window and was goofing around,
when you open the window in the hotel room...
It is open - 9 floors up and just open.
I was teasing Todd = you could just climb out.
 He didn't find the humor in it that I did,
a partial look out the window.

Anyhow, I will update more tomorrow.   
We have big plans for tomorrow.  Hopefully, if all goes well we will see the Taj Mahal.
I have always wanted to go and see it....

Wish us luck.  (: 

We love everyone LOTS!!!!

No comments:

html/java