Sunday, October 17, 2010

In Remembrance...

Sadly, two very fine women that we loved passed away this past week. :( They will be greatly missed.

(Ted &) Lorraine Schmalbeck

We met Ted and Lorraine while performing in the Easter Pageant, years ago.
Our family instantly fell in love with them!
They are truly an amazing couple.
Really, how many other Mr & Mrs. Clauses do you know?
I wish I had their Christmas pic on hand. It is quite adorable.
Each year they dress up as Mr. & Mrs. Clause and make appearances.
Their love for life and each other was always evident, and contagious.
Lorraine was diagnosed only a few short months ago with incurable cancer, and fought valiantly these last few months. Sadly, her battle ended this past week.
Our thoughts and prayers are with Ted...
Lorraine will be greatly missed... :(


Amy Smith
(Amy with 6 or her 7 babes)
Amy passed away unexpectedly, yesterday morning...
She was only 38 years old.
She leaves behind 7 sweet kids, and a loving husband.
We have known Amy for a long time. In fact, funny story. Amy was dating Todd before I was. Before Todd and I dated, we went on a double date Todd and Amy, and me and someone else. It was summer and she actually was just visiting for the summer, and returned at the end of the summer. Actually, the boy I was dating ended up moving to Arizona after that summer too, and shortly there after Todd and I started dating. A year later, Todd and I stayed at the boy I was dating family's house to attend Amy's wedding celebration. Over the years we didn't keep in close contact, but once in a while our paths would cross. I had been in contact recently, and she was actually in my thoughts this last week. I am so sad that she is gone, and really it is hard to believe.
She was a very special person, and I am glad to have known her!

I know that Heaven is celebrating the return of two very special souls!
Until we meet again...

No comments:

html/java