Monday, October 25, 2010

eternal perspective...



Last Thursday...

Todd & I made the trek out to the desert.
It was rainy and cold at home...
(Dark and dreary really)
as we drove
The sun began to peek through...


and the skies reminded me
of the beauty that is constantly around us

life is beautiful,
even when we have to traverse through the storms
to see the sun once again...
We went to Arizona
to remember & celebrate the life of a wonderful person
A sweet friend that left us too soon...
We also went to bring support and love to those who remain.

Life is hard.
Life is stressful at times.
Life is unfair at times...
but,
Life is amazing,
Life is rewarding,
and
a life lived full of LOVE and hope
is
Beautiful as well.
-
While those storms may darken our days...
The rays of sunlight are sure to warm our hearts and see us through.
Hope remains.

Some pictures that made our trip to Arizona a little brighter.





and of course...
having lunch with my Dad. (:
-
-
-
Bonus: My kids helped me to make Condolence Baskets for our friend's children.
We looked high and low to find the most huggable bears, because when I lose someone I love the thing I miss most is their hugs...

2 comments:

Melanie said...

You are such a sweet, nice person. I am sure those bears will get a lot of hugs.

Sims Family said...

You guys are so thoughtful. I can only imagine how kind and loving your your children will be because of your example.
I hope that family will be alright.
I can't believe you saw Mary. I live right by her and never see her. ;)

html/java