Saturday, November 23, 2013

HK Happenings and Logan!

There are quite a few high end malls out here.  I often wonder how they stay in business, the stores seem more like ghost towns than indemand trend-settnig facilities.

I have a couple theories why they might be empty.
First, who wants to spend a bazillion dollars on a purse or shoes that look just like every other purse or shoes (or they have knock offs all over the street markets)?  No one would know it was real...  I know, I know.  Some people only shop at those stores, otherwise they wouldn't be there. I get it.  So my next theory is that maybe, perhaps the displays scare them.
Yah?  What?  

I guess compared to the above this sexy Amish couple's attire is amazing!

Ok, they do have some that are cool:
But really, I can't think of an occasion other than Halloween that I would want to wear a space suit. I am pretty sure if I became an astronaut they would supply the outfit. ha!

 There is one place that we like to ice cream, it isn't really ice cream it is gelato, but please don't ruin my delusion, as it is all I have! 

The malls are all decked out for Christmas too, and I do Love that.
It makes me feel closer to home!
Even though for the life of me, I can't find one Turkey day decoration or even a plush turkey in the country at all.  I know. I know.  American Holiday, only, but still. I could pretend if I could find a plush turkey.



Thank you, Kayla, for modeling a display!


Honey is still cute and very comfy. 

We sent Logan a goody-box. 


See.  It made him smile.  :)

He seems to love his classes. 
He is also taking Hawaiian studies, and bought this book for fun.
He is taking Japanese as well. 

Honey and I are too cool for school! 

I am still bugged that they have cough drops in the candy section. 
EVERYWHERE.

I swear the safety signs out here look like action figures to me.
This one that is supposed to be warning us of an uneven floor, reminds me of the silver-surfer.
(Todd, what is that comic-dude's name? I am SO bad, sorry.)
I don't know it looks more fun than scary to me.

At another mall, Paddington Bear made an appearance.
He brought his entire train, but not one plush for sale.
Just pictures.

You might have noticed, but Lily and Honey were groomed. Thank God!
 Seriously, Lily makes me laugh at how she sits.

Ember looks calm, she isn't. 

I had a wonderful just watch the sunset with Todd evening/date last weekend.
We stood on the roof area of our local mall and watched the sunset behind the Ngong Ping mountains.   




Honey sleeps sticking her tongue out.
Yes, you did too need to know that. 

Lily sat on me, so Honey sat on Lily.  


Logan pics!

Logan ran a 5K for fun last weekend.
He came in FIRST!  Nice Job, Logan!
His prize?  The largest Turkey.
Now he is 18 and lives in a shared dorm room.  Not sure how he is going to prepare the turkey.  I know he can use google and youtube to figure it out, and perhaps someone will volunteer to help.
I HOPE he takes pictures and shares!

These folks drove Logan to the race, and he showed them where it was:

After Logan raced, he went into town with some friends from Anime' club: 




Lunch at the mall.  What did they get? 

Korean BBQ.
Luckily, he is a pro with chopstix! 


Wow, he has a friend that really understands him. lol.

Logan had to tease me with his find! 

Other fun happenings.  
Laundry!
Ok, I greatly dislike doing laundry.... 


Apparently Logan does too...

Logan's Laundry:

Logan's feelings about doing the laundry.
I agree, son... I agree..
(Even though, I would kill for those real machines!)

Ember tried to take Krystin out..
Ok, not really, she was just cuddling. 


Ember needed a new light bulb, and Todd and I offered to get them..
Why are their no reptile stores near us, and they are only sold downtown?

Have I ever mentioned I have this strong dislike for super crowded places...

Thank goodness I had Todd with me.

Normally, that is a road, not a hoard. 




Way, way too crowded for me. 


 Just sharing the pictures with you makes me feel better...
It was also the day that all the helpers have off, so it is normally crowded in the walkways without an event.

 Anyhow, this happened and made me laugh.
That dog sure loves her Kayla.

So not calm.
But, super adorable.

In Hong Kong, kids totally don't need a ball or scooter to have fun.
All they need is luggage!
I had fun watching this kid speed chase his suitcase back and forth across the walkway. 

Lily tried to keep Todd's side of the bed warm for him.

 Taking your bike on the metro?
One word:  Dedication!


 Well, that is it for the moment.
Have a nice day! 

No comments:

html/java