Saturday, July 2, 2011

Random stuff and Discovery Bay

I ate something with MSG in it again, uhg (the day before yesterday), and yesterday, all day my stomach was VERY unhappy.  Actually, it is almost 7am here now, and it is still unhappy.   :(   I think I need to just eat from the imported food section in the grocery store.  Yah, feeling like a wimp!

Anyhow,  I didn't want to waste the opportunity of being in HK with my Love, so we still went out and explored.

First though, some random photos.

I just thought this was funny.
Maybe it is just me, but "KEEP CLEAR"


 The Cathay City & Hotel
Where we are staying

Ok, We were able to do something that we can't normally do in the states 
Duh, duh, duhhhh ....
We are staying on the 13th Floor.  ooowww

The sun decided to play peek-a-boo yesterday.

We took a train down to Central Hong Kong

 walked through the mall 
and laughed at the funny signs!
 adjacent to the mall is the 'sky' path to the piers

 always amazing how many people are just sitting in the path having lunch

 Since I wasn't feeling super, we didn't really have a plan.
But decided to walk down to the piers and check it out.
On the top of Pier 3 their is a pretty garden


 with an amazing view


We had been told that all the 'ex-pats' live in a place called Discovery Bay.
So, we thought we should definitely check it out.
 Oh, random news stands like this riddle the streets downtown
 Pink Dolphins on the sign
 view from the doc
 We must be going to a good place.
The only store inside the doc for the boat?
A special dog store.
 Apparently, they are only Welcoming "Well" people.
 on the boat
 by doc
 reflextion of boat from doc
 a couple shots from the ride







 ok, and we made it!
Everywhere you go the little automated voice says, 
"Mind Your Head"
So funny to me, Not watch your head, Mind it!
LOL!  Ok, I know I am over tired or something.
 Love this place already cute little doggies everywhere.

 Oh yah, and the beach too.

 and....
believe or not a Mexican Cantina
(well, at least that is what they attempted)

 not quite mexican, but it was still fun!
 funny teens, made me miss mine


 on our way back...
Apparently, I over did it.  Really didn't feel good.  Probably shouldn't have eaten.  Got back.  Showered and fell asleep for the night at 5pm.  Poor Todd...
Still, a nice day! (:

Oh, bonus video of beach (sorta)


No comments:

html/java