Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Last Night in Central

Sooo.   During the day, this is what my day kind of looks like.  

Here is the desk they let me borrow. (:

 Hi!
See the chair behind me?  
That is where Dad has his stuff. 
He isn't usually there though, just in meetings in the conference rooms.

I was able to catch him in my camera before he was off!
Cute, huh?!

The upside of sitting in a foreign office from like 8:40am - 6pm.
At lunch time, Todd entertains me.
He told me he wanted a break from the 'noodles'.
Asians LOVE NOODLES for every meal.
And guess where he takes me?! 
The spaghetti house?!  LOL!
I was like, Hmn, these are STILL noodles.
He said they don't count.
The salad that came with his meal was very different.  
Fish eggs, fruit, I think fish, and I don't even know.

Last night he was in meetings until about 6:30pm, and one of the guys was going to be heading home, so the group wanted to have a good bye dinner.

So, we quickly bussed back to the hotel. Changed.  Bussed to the Airport.
Met the guys there and took the train.
This is the 'fancier' airport train.

The night before last we were in Kowloon, which is on the other side of the water from Central.
So, it was weird to be in Central and be on the same side with the buildings that were across the water the night before.
Did I tell you how FLIPPIN' efficient Hong Kong's transportation is?
I have never seen anything so efficient. 
Even down to the pathways for people to walk on.
People are always kept far away from the street, and it is covered!
 This path is in the heart of central between the buildings.
How cool is that?!
 There are all these shops 4 stories high that you can see from the path.
Amazing.




Our destination, this little Lebanese Restaurant.
Not sure I have ever had Lebanese before, but was excited to try it.
It is essentially like Greek food.  Sooo good and authentic (and NO MSG)
 A quaint little Restaurant.
Open to the walkway.
 just some more random pics to give you a feel



 lots of steps
 They use real bamboo for scaffolding



 seriously, lots of steps







 Rain, lots of rain
 here's a video so you can experience it too, sort of?

We are supposed to, maybe head back down to central today to pick up Todd's official Hong Kong ID.  Yes, he has to have a HK ID to work out here.
There is a process to getting it, and it is finally ready.
It is about time he got it right, now that he is wrapping up this project and most likely won't be coming back, LOL?!

No comments:

html/java