Friday, April 1, 2011

Track

Ok.  I have been amiss at updating lately...   Before I update on why, let me do a kudos Track POST it is deserved!  (:
The RUNNERS
First, Let me say that Krystin is a SERIOUS Sprinter!
That kid is FAST!
I have a couple of theories as to why Krystin is so fast....
First, she is the youngest, and had to learn to run fast to catch up with her older siblings...
Second, she has a little bit of a sneaky sense of humor and had to learn to run fast, so that her sibling couldn't catch her..
I am going with the second... :p   

Anyhow, this is Krystin's first season in Track.
She is a short-medium distance sprinter (100-400meters), and it is very competitive.
Sprinting has always been her passion.  Cross Country wasn't her passion.  She just considered it good prep for Track...   Well, she wasn't joking.  Very few girls made the short distance track team.  She runs 400meter, 200 meter, 4x400 relay and the 4 x 100 relay...  Yes, she runs all four events on the same day...
And SHE SMOKES them!
Her grandpa has coined a new nickname for her -> "Lightening Bug"
(Remember we all call her our little Buggy, short for LoveBug, so it fits)

Her coach always has her as the (anchor) in the relays.
That is the last of the 4 passes person, and is usually the fastest.
She serves her position very well!
Practicing before the event....
Her relay team is truly brilliant!
Waiting for the PASS
Krystin crossing the finish line - 1st!
 She has been cleaning up this season!  
Go Krystin!

Logan was proud!

Kayla, Todd and I were too.  Even if Kayla is turned backward.  Don't worry she really did cheer and turn around for her sibs events...
Ok.  This made me laugh...
Before the meet the teams do a lap around the track...
Todd and I are looking for kids...
I can NEVER see Logan...
We keep looking...
Where is he?
Not with his team...
He is watching them run...  Nice!  Silly boy


Logan has been pretty awesome too.
He prefers Cross Country to track.
Track is a bit more intense (which Krystin loves)

Last season his thing was the mile and half a mile.  
This season he has been branching out.
He has run the 800, 1600, 3200, and 4x800 relay! 
and the season has just started.
He ran the 1600 in 4mins 55 secs.. that is smoking fast, and he barely broke a sweat...

Todd and Krystin watching Logan
I was there - the entire time, really, even if you don't see me.  Just look for me in the reflection of their eyes (or in Todd's watch in the above pic. j/k)

This track season is off to a great START!  
YAY! (:
Great JOB

No comments:

html/java