Thursday, April 7, 2011

Hong Kong - Lamma Island - Central


Tuesday, was a Chinese Holiday, so Todd had it off!
He planned a fun day for us!
The plan was to go to Hong Kong Proper,
and catch a ferry to one of the outlying island.
We were told that Lamma island was the place to go!
Beautiful, great hike from one side to the other, and seafood.

Todd is READY


Can get a little busy on the trains


Pier to Lamma Island

 Central HK again
The lights out there go green, yellow, red,
and
red, yellow, green.










Hong Kong has TRANSIT down
The walkay away from the city traffic to get to the piers

 Not sure what they are building, but it is huge.


 and yet another subway


Sodas


on to the Ferry we go


By Hong Kong Proper
It is constantly hazy...
 Lamma Island







 In Hong Kong, when they say FRESH sea food, they mean it!


Doesn't matter where you are in the world...
The women's line is always 10 times the length of the mens!
Seriously, clearly women need twice the bathroom facilities...
Somewhere has to get it right?
 This was the case everywhere...



 Dogs!
 For Krystin - the local school board
 Streets of Lamma island
We did get a little waffle thing from one of the shops.
Yummy

More dogs cute
(they all had collars and tags)

 Fresh produce YUMMY

 

and dried fish...  mmmm



LOVE THIS!
Look it is a little bowl for the wandering pups...
and just in case you were tempted - it says for dogs only!




 i know, i know...  just bear with me...  i love animals




 LOOK at that!!!!
How did HONEY end up in HONG Kong,
and on Lamma ISLAND?!!!
I just wanted to scoop that little thing up in my arms.


Todd swears these are the bomdiggity...  
Sadly, I didn't have a chance to try them. 
I have this new obsession with Asian desserts... 





 I was lulled into believing the hiking trail was not really a hiking trail...
Look, it looks easy...


Cute dresses


Sign is funny, 
sad about graffiti
 The trail...
Doesn't look steep here,
but it sure got steep!
Todd and I were like - wow, we are out of shape.
Was sooo great though!
 little houses nestled in the jungle like overgrowth along the path...












 Lifeguard




 Power generator thing detracts from the beauty.
 The trail took us way up the mountain.  Views were amazing.
The cool breeze was welcomed too...

 Ziggy & Zoey thought it was very Romantic.


 Ok, see the lady on the left taking pics.
She shared some snacks with us!
They were sooo good!
Turkish delights.
YUMMY


 This Island, seriously, felt like home - 
They even had a Supersized LILY too!







 So in love with this guy!
 that is a BIG FISH!


 So, after about a 2 hour hike, we were on the other side of the island..
I was VERY grateful that they had a pier on that side too.


 Apparently, there are  a unique type of dolphin that is pink only found out by Hong Kong!
I have to see that some day!
 The restaurant offers free ferry service back.
I love being  on the ocean...
Little islands are all over.


 Where the supplies come from.




 Back
 My new favorite desserts!
Z&Z agree...
They can't decide what they want.

 After all day in the sun, 
Todd humored me and we spent the evening walking around Downtown...
Sooo much fun...
Smelled bad, and my lungs didn't quite like it, but still fun.



My battery died so Todd took a couple pics for me.
I have to see if he has any of the shops...  
On Temple street, the entire street is set up like a flee market. 
It was awesome!




Well, I am home now, as of a few hours ago.  I still feel like I am sitting on a boat in the sea...   Those seriously long flights do something to your head.  The 2.5 hour drive home on the 405  (by myself) in LA traffic after landing, wasn't super fun, and I get to drive back to LAX tomorrow to get Todd, but it is all SOOO WORTH it!  
I would go back in a blink!  
Well, and having the sweetest KIDS on the planet waiting for me, sure made getting home that much better!  
I am sure I missed a ton of pics (hard to believe I know), but I will probably post a follow up post with other random things I remember later, after I am a little more coherent.


No comments:

html/java