Monday, December 1, 2008

When Todd leaves me..

Warning this post is really more for me...

My Todd had to leave me today to travel to San Francisco....

Really it isn't that far - in the same state and only over one night...
What could happen in one day?

Well, actually every time my Love leaves me, it seems, unfortunate things happen. See he thinks that I just have anxiety about being away from him, which is true - I do miss him... But the real worry is what is going to happen this time???
In the past, lets see - all three children and I have gotten VERY bad Stomach flues. I got sick with a virus that made it so I could barely turn my neck (really odd), try driving without being able to turn your neck, LOL! It is not easy. or... try caring for kids that are throwing up when you are throwing up, it's just not pretty... We have even had pets meet untimely demise while he was gone... The hot water heater has decided to explode and drench MANY boxes in the garage... serious nightmare, and the list goes on Etc...

Any how, so what is it this time???
Our Alaskan Malamute, Angel, started vomiting yesterday. She was vomiting so badly that she was vomiting up bile and blood. UHG! So, hours before Todd was to leave I took Angel to the vet, praying the vet would be able to help her and that she would NOT PUKE in the CAR! EEEUWWW. Much like my children, she couldn't get sick Monday morning when the Vet is open??? Nope, she has to get sick on the ONE DAY of the week that they are closed - Sunday! So... Off to pay a little extra money at the Animal Urgent care. Angel was VERY lethargic at home, but seemed to perk up at the chance to socialize and meet new humans. After a very thorough exam I was told they could give her a shot to help her stop vomiting.


Angel at the Vet with Kayla's foot. Kayla was very kind to go with me, as Todd had catch an early flight and could not go with me. )o: You can see she doesn't look well, but is still willing to smile for the camera.

Well, less than two hours after we arrive home, I am getting a false sense that Angel will be well, and then she VOMITS AGAIN!!! Did I mention that it smells horrid and she feels the need to try and AIM for the carpet?! So, it is now near bed time and the dog can barely stand up and Todd is leaving in the morning - and all I can think is - if the dog gets worse, I am not going to be able to CARRY my 95lb dog to the vet, seriously uhg. Doesn't Todd know that if he has to travel chaos will ensue??

I had Logan sleep on the sofa near Angel all night, just in case (what a good son)... Todd left on schedule at some hour to early for me to acknowledge his departure... I got up about 7am to find that Todd's plane had been delayed and he was enjoying the beautiful, relaxing surrounding of the SNA(airport). I showered, dressed, and avoided going downstairs. I honestly was afraid to see what I would find. Todd reassured me, through IM, that when he left there was no vomit (that means ALL night and no Vomit)! I figured I was good as gold and braved going downstairs...

... The Smell greeted me before the sight, ohhh the queasiness YUCK! I was greeted by a queasy looking dog lying sheepishly on the tile floor next to what looked to me like a river of bright yellow puke flowing at least 3 feet in all directions along the grout between the tiles... Who knew tile could be an aqueduct for dog vomit??? I knew I should have stayed hiding upstairs...


I then had the opportunity to disinfect the floors, again and again... The children were starting to wake up at this point. Why won't the smell go away? While I am dealing with this and whipping up a vitamin water mixture to try and replace some electrolytes for poor Angel, I was trying to get the kids up and eating breakfast. Only to find that The FRIDGE decided to go on vacation!!! Yes, everything was luke cold... Uhg, so while the kids were running off with their breakfasts to eat them in other rooms of the house (can't imagine why with the appetizing smell?) - I had the opportunity to CLEAN out my refridgerator, was it the four left over pies or the stuffing or ... or hmn... Could my fridge be too full? Not anymore, that's for sure. Luckily, I have a fridge in the garage, but .... but... more like Pain in the BUTT!

Ok, So if you ever hear me complain about Todd leaving to go out of town you now have a better appreciation... I miss my TODD! Tomorrow evening can't come soon enough.
As for Angel, she is doing much better. Another opportunity I have gained from this experience is the opportunity to cook for my dog. She is on boiled chicken and steamed rice for the next couple of days, per the vet. Who knew that you could boil chicken? Eggs yes, but chicken?! Angel didn't complain (actually seemed to enjoy it) and even better didn't vomit it back up YAY!

1 comment:

Sims Family said...

Girl, you are awesome. I almost started crying for you when I read that. Good luck!

html/java