Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Field Trip

Yesterday, the kids and I had the opportunity to go on a field trip with their virtual academy. It is neat to meet at some random location and be albe to put faces to the voices and names from school. The field trip was to the Natural History Museum followed by an IMAX movie on Prehistoric creatures of the Deep. Ooooo scary...

Kids in front of the Museum. In good spirits, despite the hour.

We really aren't morning people in our house, so having to be up and in the car by 7am to face the traffic and drive to LA was a little bit of a challenge. At 11pm, the night before, I was wondering what I was thinking agreeing to go on this field trip. I mean obviously there has to be many fabulous things to see in the O.C. that start after 9am! But, my love for science and the opportunity to learn hands-on out weighed my desire to avoid driving out to LA...

Children braving the African Savanna ... (Krystin can't keep her eyes open she is so afraid)

YAY!!! Hands on learning about astronomy. How cool is that?!
Do you know the difference between a Metoer, Metoeroid, and a Metoerite? My kids do.

And of course... The ever scary dinosaurs... aaahhh.



Kids - Chillaxin' on the green.

All-in-all we had an awesome time! Next time - La Brea Tar pits... Anyone want to come?

1 comment:

Sims Family said...

I was just telling my kids about the La Brea Tarpits. I want to go. Unfortunately, it would take getting up a lot earlier than 7. ;)

html/java