Wednesday, January 22, 2014

It is so cold here! (for Hong Kong)


Hong Kong is not normally very cold. It is just mildly cold.
We freeze at 70 degrees F.
Well it has been like 50 Degrees F! 
(Ok, if you live in the midwest or East Coast please don't judge our cold intolerance. I mean we don't even have central heat.)

We like to keep our little dogs' bodies shaved.  They are easier to keep clean and we think they are cute, but boy has it been too cold for them.

Todd was concerned when Honey started insisting on staying right in front of the single space heater we have currently.

So he gave me a copy of this diagram and asked if I could make this happen.
Well, first I had to see if we even had anything warm that I would be willing to cut up.

Our friend has goats and when he saw the above diagram he told us that he indeed has done this and it works.
However it was for his goat, not a pup (same difference really).
(Todd Hoven's pic and goat btw, and yes I am in love!)

I found a long sleeve shirt that I had marked to send on its way and was able to make them little sleeves! 

They turned out pretty cute I think, considering.

We have renamed Lily - Sausage!

The shirts are really cuddly. Added bonus.



The only problem is that the sleeves, while they were an improvement, were not quite warm enough.
50 Degrees people... My Honey was trembling!

And It was time to get the dogs groomed and trimmed again.... 

On the way home we stopped at our local (small) pet shop and the sweet lady hooked us up with a couple warm jackets!
YAY!

I do think Lily likes hers!

Honey too!

Lily's had a hood.  
Totally had to bug her and put it on.
Made me laugh so hard.

She wore the hood for approximately 20 seconds.

Keeping warm Hong Kong Style!

No comments:

html/java