Wednesday, January 22, 2014

CNY (Chinese New Year) -2014

Chinese New Year (CNY) starts in a bout a week.

It is interesting to see all the Christmas decorations replaced with CNY decorations.
I love that there is a different animal every year (alternating every 12 years), because the decorations are always new and fresh and a surprise!

This year is the year of the 'Horse'!

I love Horses!
You are probably thinking, "Oh My, this is Tamara - she LOVES all animals." 
 Ok, that is true, but I extra specially love horses!

Me with my pony when I was 4 yo.

I am totally spacey today, forgive me, back to CNY.

Hong Kong does NOT take decorating lightly.
They go all out.  It is really fun to see the elaborate displays.

Todd and I took Krystin on a Daddy, Momma, and baby date night last weekend.
(We saw Last Vegas, btw.  Love Morgan Freeman, he is awesome!)

Anyhow, spacey again, check out some of the pics from the displays.

Krystin and a beautiful horse 'embracing' CNY!

I know practically the same, but they are both cute and I can't choose. 

Then there is the framed version, by KC's request.

I couldn't get the entire display in my phone pic. 

What little girl wouldn't love a life size horse display? 




Krystin is such a good sport for her parents.


I have no clue what is on either side of the giant horse head.  
If you look closely at the horse head, it is made up of tiny horses.  

Random from the movie theater.  Krystin posed with the monkey dude! love it. 

We have placed a few decorations around our house too.
This time we made sure we couldn't accidentally hang them upside down, which we apparently did last year. Luckily, the kids' friend Queeniee helped us out. Embarrassing...  


I am not sure what we are going to be doing this year for CNY, but if we do something exciting I will update!

Happy Year of the Horse!

No comments:

html/java