Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Blood Letting...


There was a blood drive at Logan and Krystin's school.
Krystin was thrilled to sign up, because she is now old enough to give blood at 16.
Kayla offered to give blood with her.
It would be BOTH of their first times, and they wanted to share in the experience of saving lives!
(Logan has scar tissue around his veins from the MANY blood draws he has had to endure, so he was the photog for me, of the event!)

I was in Turkey with Todd at the designated time of blood letting, but due to modern technology I was able to be there with them virtually.  I was even able to help, as Kay didn't bring her ID.  I was able to send her a copy within a couple minutes. I happened to have a scanned in copy in my email on my phone and was able to message it to her.  Problem solved and sister bonding life saving moment was in tact!  Phew! Was a bit dramatic for a bit there.
 Apparently, my girls  are a little masochistic, as they both seemed to ENJOY the experience more than should be allowed.   (Teasing, but really look at that cute smile!)


Friend support, very important!

Kayla waiting patiently for her turn, after finally getting the paperwork in order. 

After for KC, she looks a little pale.

Little bits of my babies....


Logan was not only a photog but also a support system!

Kayla's turn! 




Look see smiling!

Really Happy!

Giving blood is a family tradition.  There is a good reason too.  When my Mom was just a wee little one she was in the hospital to have her tonsils removed.  Late at night she started to bleed heavily.  She almost bled to death...  Someone's gift of blood, saved her life.  As soon as my Mom could, she too gave blood as often as she was able to return the favor to any that might be in need.  My sister and I have followed along in the tradition.  Our girls couldn't wait to join in the tradition and help save lives too.  Interesting side note, my sister is an O+ blood type and I am an A+ blood type; and my girls are also O+ and A+...  I know, entertaining to a nurse.  

Here's to blood letting and life saving!   

No comments:

html/java