Thursday, March 18, 2010

Seeing Green

(I am NOT sure why this first part is underlined and can't seem to remove underline?)


One of the things I really LOVE about having kids, is how much fun they make Holidays. The excitement, the anticipation and the creativity!

Yesterday I saw a sign for a 'HUGE' Easter Egg hunt at a wilderness park by our house. My first thought was, "OH, the KIDS would LOVE that!" Then the realization came to me - maybe, just maybe, my kids are too old for such things. Well, at least public organized ones. I did tell my kids I will hide eggs for them 'til they tell me not to, which hasn't happened yet! Todd was in the car with me as I was coming to this realization. I looked at him and said, "Our kids are too old for that, huh?"... He said, "Yes, they are."... NOOO!!!! Oh the reality of passing time. How can my kids be too old for fun Easter Egg Hunts?!! It just hit me that I will never have that 'time' again, and while I really did enjoy the time I had - I mourn the passing of another phase. However, the Easter Egg Hunt at my house WILL still HAPPEN!!!
Children - You are excited - I know you are! :p


Krystin was 'All-in' for St. Patty's Day

She even wore cute necklaces that are not pictured.

and Kay even had a little Shamrockish bow!


Logan forgot the date and wore his green shirt the day before,
so he had to make due... Sorry no pic!

The kids had an activity last night, so I just made brownies with cream cheese frosting and green sprinkles. They are not into eating green food (other than in the form of sweets).

I can't WAIT for Easter!
Making Cute Easter Cookies!!!
Dying Eggs!
Oh the fun!

Bonus: My Lily-pup Loves her Kennel (cute, huh?)


No comments:

html/java