Monday, February 10, 2014

Foreign Fruit: Mangosteens!

Today's Fruit:

Mangosteens

They are a strange little fruit.
To be honest, I have bought them a couple times before, 
but there wasn't a lot of excitement to try them.
This time.  We were committed.

We made guesses on the color inside:
Kayla and Krystin thought yellow or orange.
Todd thought pink or white.
I thought maybe purple.

I didn't ask what it might look like inside.

So the first one I cracked open, and I mean cracked the outside of these little puppies is very hard!
When we opened it.  Well, it kind of looked, well, GROSS!
Like melting, disgusting guts. (Now I sound like my kids, but really look). 
I couldn't believe that was it's actual intended innards, so I did a google search and I was correct.
So, we gave another one a shot.

Thankfully, this one was good!
Much better! 
Inside there were sections like an orange, but they were completely white.

kidney bean shaped almost. 

Krystin tried it first...  Didn't like it. 
Tastes kind of like a sour mango.

Todd and I didn't think they were bad.  I think Todd even liked it.  Kayla not so much.

We gave Indy the final say. 

Indy likes the Mangosteens!

No comments:

html/java