Thursday, August 1, 2013

Hong Kong - Anime Convention 2013

Our kids LOVE Anime and to Cosplay.

They really wanted to go to the Anime Convention in LA with their friends, but alas it was not meant to be this year.  

What we didn't realize was that Hong Kong has a SUPER Huge about the size of the LA Anime convention.  It lasts for 5 days even.   Why did we not realize this?  Well, there are signs all over downtown and on the subway...  How could we not know?  Because they are all in ONLY Chinese.

One of Krystin's friends mentioned less than 2 days before the convention that it was coming up!
That meant we basically had one day to come up with outfits for them.

We did our best, and the kids were adorable!

They ended up attending for 4 of the 5 days.

It was very LOCAL.  
Very little English.  The little Cantonese we know was super helpful.

Such a cool convention.

Seriously though, look at these tickets.  You look at them and totally think, "Oh, sweet Anime Convention," right?  The tickets were available at 7-11, which trying to explain what we wanted to buy was tricky, so the girls showed the cashier a picture of a friend's ticket.  

Somehow the girls convinced me to get them colored contacts from downtown.
They are like shoes out here, just another accessory everyone has.
I had objections about their safety of the use, but they love them.


Anyhow, some pics!


















Kayla bought violet.  She is still practicing using them.


Girls practicing their poses.






One of my favorite pics from the convention!
Thanks Kayla!
Oh, he will make an adorable Daddy in like 10 years or so! :)


On the last day that they attended I went with.  It was so hot outside.



My Goodness too many people and it just kept getting more full.
Apparently, they don't limit the amount of people that can enter.


Within 10 seconds of walking in with my girls they were stollen away for pictures.  
Very cute.
They were totally celebrities at the convention.

I loved the art.







Kayla's favorite character find!  The Joker!
Kay was Poison Ivy if you didn't know. 








Kayla WON me this cute baby! Love her! 




The view from the cafeteria at the convention. 

Krystin had to leave for a couple of hours for Canto class, 
so Kay and I had a snack.

Logan kept popping in and saying, "Hi"!


There was this huge crowd swarming someone.
We couldn't see who, so I lifted my phone and took a pic. 
Kay suggested that the little 'Cosplayer' was probably wearing the outfit above her, which would explain the rush of male picture takers. 


There was a stage with performances in Cantonese.



Some food options:

Octopus balls. 

Condensed Sweet Creamed Green Beans with Seaweed.
Now if that doesn't say treat, I don't know what does. 




Luckily for my kids there was some pizza!





My girls are obsessed with these Jelly Bean Dogs and have plans of creating some of their own.

Uh-oh! 








We played some games.  It was fun.



Logan got hug attacked by the cute little girl in the hat.
The kids in this picture were in the Anime club Logan and Krystin attended at school.  


One more view pic. 

or 2. 

My feet were KILLING me, I was wearing heels, and Krystin switched with me when we left, so I could actually make it home.  Logan made sure she was safe walking down the stairs.


I will miss this view as my kids leave on to new great adventures....

They have a Comic World Convention they will be going to the end of August, so more fun should be had before the summer is out!  

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It looked like great fun. You should have added the video of the Lolita Twins by the cows. Loved them they looked Great all dressed up.:

html/java