Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Random Pics


Normally you can't see the stars where we live.
Is it pollution, the bright lights of the city, or ???
Probably a combination, but anyhow....

The last few weeks faint little beacons of light could be seen blinking at us from the heavens....
Not many, mind you, but any are appreciated.
I love the night sky. It energizes my soul, and I miss it!

The other night the Moon was so bright it was amazing!


This time of year, with the combination of the cloud stricken skies the sunsets have been beautiful as well...  Love it. 


The skies in general are amazing.  Even when they are gray, as they tend to be.
It is kind of like watching an amazing movie in Black and White!

What else energizes my soul? 
A good, yummy sugary treat!

Well, I have been in donut withdrawal.  Hong Kong does NOT know what a donut is... I swear!

Recently, though, these little puppies made their appearance.
They are really a croissant made into a donut.
Can I tell ya, these little babies put donuts to SHAME.
They are filled with delish cream, topped with yumminess and covered in crystalized sugar.
Holy yumminess......  I am thankful they are about an hour from where I live.




In other news, Ember is cute! 

Even though she did this:
(Yes, I really posted a pic of that.  Keeping it real.  Seriously, that takes talent.)

Sometimes Todd and I do things solely because it entertains us...
Such as, buying a rug that looked like a skinned Lily pup.
They actually had a real fur and a not fur version.  I prefer the real fur I own on my living creatures, so we opted for the faux fur.
Lily totally blends in with the rug.  
I am not sure why that is funny, but it is!
Bonus: Both Dogs LOVE the rug so much.  They are always laying on it.

I want this little one.
She is not available here. 

Kayla and I saw some awesome live street performance action downtown.
This mainlander was tossing metal bowls from his foot to his head.
How do we know he is a mainlander?
Well, because we through some change in his cup, and he said thank you in Mandarin. 

While the train rides to downtown do take a while,
you can't beat the view.  Well, and they have ac, which I am very thankful for. 

Yes. Another sugar post...
I did say Night sky and sugar elate my soul, right?

Well, I miss Sprinkles cupcakes so much.
Although, I do have to admit the sugar content did knock me on my butt...

Well, we happened to find this very little shop next to an International grocery store.
A cupcake shop.  Most of the bakeries out here have like NO sugar in them, so I was skeptical...

This was the end of the day so there weren't many cupcakes left.

Let me tell you they have SUGAR in them!
They are so good!
About half the size, and 3/4 or less of the sugar, which is probably how they should be made. 
So good.

Ok.  This does NOT look appetizing to me.
Ooowww Yum, antioxidants and Fibre.  That just makes me salivate!
 

We do have to pay more attention when walking by the rug though, so we don't squish her. 

Anyhow, just some random babble about the exciting things happening lately. 




No comments:

html/java