Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Happy 40th Birthday, Todd!!!

My Sweet Love, 
Turned 40!

How is that possible?
Aren't we still just 16 and 14?

Time passes like a 
Blink and a wiggle, I tell ya.
(Ok, maybe quite a few blinks and wiggles!)

I am So grateful to have Todd,
and to have been able to spend all of those birthdays with him!
I sure love YOU, Todd!!! <3

I wanted to do something special for his big 4-0 birthday!
I mean 40, wow!
Sounds so distinguished.
It's funny, I feel like I am lying
 when I say that I am married to a 40 year old man! ha!

Anyhow, planning something special for his birthday was tricky.
At the time I was trying to plan it, he was traveling a lot!
Working crazy hours, and his schedule was unpredictable.  
After much thought, 
I felt the best gift I could give him was a break from work. 
 Some relaxation.  He works a lot.  
But how?
Well, I decided I would surprise him with a 3 day weekend Cruise.
I figured he could swing travel around a weekend cruise date.... 

What I didn't know when I booked it was
that we would be moving to Hong Kong,
and 
That the cruise would be the weekend 
before we would leave the country...

So, to make life more interesting, 
because that seems to be how we like it,
 the last weekend we had to pack
 (with Todd only home for 14 days to pack) we went on a cruise!
Yah...  we are crazy and ok with it.

To be honest.
It was MUCH needed.
We were both so stressed and exhausted...
It gave us a little chance to catch our breath before moving.

Here are a few shots from 
Todd's 40th Birthday Boat ride!

 How cute is he?!  Sheesh!



Now sure what that is supposed to be?

The boat stopped in Ensanada, Mexico
(which was awesome,
 because good Mexican food is HARD to find in Asia!)


 We went kayaking in the open Ocean up to 
one of the world's largest natural blow holes.
Truly amazing.  
You can click on above to see some google images to get an idea. 
It was very cool.





Tamales?  yes PLEASE!


After Kayaking we were hungry.
None of the restaurants were calling to us...
We ended up buying some burritos from a cute little lady with a trolly.
I know, that sounds scary.  
Random lady with a trolly selling home-made burritos,
but let me tell you - THEY WERE AMAZING!
and...
Only about 1 dollar US each
(and NO, we did NOT get sick!)

Ok, and we got a fish taco from this guy. 

Ok and a super yummy churro that was stuffed with yumminess!

 (Ok, I am feeling fat admitting all that, but the burritos were small I swear!)




We saw some shows/comedians
 Hung out by the pool.
Although, it was sooo cold!
but beautiful still...

Oh, and Todd is sooo brave.
Like seriously brave!

He entered a hairy chest contest.
Ok, maybe I encouraged him.
Little did I or he know what it entailed.
He literally had to strut his stuff for 4 female judges.
Oh my gosh, I was laughing so hard.
It was pure awesomeness!  




 He even earned a Medal!
I am so proud!
 All-in-All it was really fun.
but really, just being able to spend time with my Love,
anywhere is a treat!




Happy Birthday, Todd!

I am looking forward to many, MANY more celebrations with You.

I love you!!! <3

No comments:

html/java