Friday, January 9, 2009

Beauty all around....

If you are like me... Sometimes, you get caught up in the mundane things in life... You know the never ending supply of dishes, laundry and cleaning. All things that I really don't enjoy. Seriously, I would so much rather spend my time playing with my husband and my children. Yet, life gets in the way all the time - HOW RUDE...

Well, as I was doing the dishes the other day, I stopped for just a moment and looked up...

(the view from my bedroom window and my kitchen... Love the hazy sunshine of the early morning)

What I saw was a beautiful world. One that I am sooo greatful to be able to partake of... Then it dawned on me that all of these 'things' that I so rather dread are really blessings. I am so fortunate to have an ample supply of food to cover those dishes, and plenty of clothes for my family, and even more so a beautiful home to live in. How lucky am I to have all these chores... How silly am I to miss their true meaning...

Let us all be like my little Honey-dog, find a little ray of sunshine to bask in and enjoy the beauty all around us...

1 comment:

Annette said...

So insightful! We need to realize there is beauty all around and be Grateful In all things. We are truely blessed. Love ya.

html/java