Wednesday, June 11, 2008

The dust is finally starting to settle

Ok, it has been very busy for the past couple weeks. I had forgotten how incredibly tedious moving can be. Especially, when you are in a place for more than 7 years, uhg!!! Todd and I are trying to learn to be a little less sentimental about everything... I mean it can't be bad that I have all the notes he gave me going back to high school, can it??!

Well, we made it - We are finally settling in to CA! It is still really strange to have the windows open all day and not turn on the a.c. Although, we have been told the 70-80 degree days will end in July and to brace ourselves for some warm weather. The kids laughed when they heard that, they were like, what 100 degrees, oh that's nothing, bring it on! (o:


I was looking for the kids, when we were still in AZand getting ready for the movers to come, and then I found them. Apparently, all three kids were exhausted and I found them all laying together on one of their mattresses. They thought they were pretty funny!


Logan with his good friend Selena saying Good bye.
The child who never was on the phone now seems to have one glued to his ear.


After what seemed at least an eternity we finally made it to our new house, and we just barely beat the movers. This is a pic from upstairs looking down to the front door. I will post more pics later. We have an amazing view!!!

I had never seen the house before we arrived to move in, and I must say - I LOVE it! Todd did a great job! The kids all have huge rooms, they are so thrilled! (o:



Kayla's Room part 1

Kayla's Room part 2 - sitting area


Krystin's Room - Part one

Krystin's sitting area. I had a hard time getting a good pic of it.

Logan's Room - he's the only one down stairs, so he gets to spend quality time with Angel.

Logan part 2: pretending to sleep on his sofa.


Of course after working tirelessly packing and cleaning, and then unpacking... I needed to give the children a chance to rejuvenate, so we took a break and went to the beach. It was a bootiful day, don't you think?! They are going to get even for this one I know it, but I couldn't resist!


Booterific!


Ok, yes, there are still boxes left to unpack, but we had to take some time to enjoy the silver lining a little...

We love you guys! Come visit anytime! I will post more pics of the house soon!

2 comments:

Cherylann and Mike said...

What great rooms! And to be close to the beach! Awesome. It sounds like you guys are settling in. We miss you around here. Whenever we pass by Jamba Juice or Baskin Robbins the kids ask if we will see you guys there. :) Glad you are getting some respite in the middle of the unpacking!

katie and co. said...

We miss you! I still can't believe you actually moved. Looks like it will be a great place for you guys. How fun.

html/java